Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new rope  (Read 3741 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I want to replace my anchor rope on my minn kota anchor mate. its rated for a 25 lb anchor. I currently have an 18 lb if I remember right its called a river anchor. its got 3 fins on it, if that helps.

the current rope I have is 3/16th in diameter. when I bought it it had this yellow coating on it and that was crap. it looks lie parachute rope.

any ideas, suggestions on a good new rope. thinkin the rope would be a lot less spendy then a new anchor.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
why are you even trying to go fishing....just quit, you cant do it anyway

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I want to replace my anchor rope on my minn kota anchor mate. its rated for a 25 lb anchor. I currently have an 18 lb if I remember right its called a river anchor. its got 3 fins on it, if that helps.

the current rope I have is 3/16th in diameter. when I bought it it had this yellow coating on it and that was crap. it looks lie parachute rope.

any ideas, suggestions on a good new rope. thinkin the rope would be a lot less spendy then a new anchor.

You can order da rope from Minnkota. I think it comes on a new spool and it's spendy.  Also it's tricky ta replace da spool.  Done it in da past. :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
why are you even trying to go fishing....just quit, you cant do it anyway
:crazy: :confused: awe us adults are trying to have a grown up conversation here boar gazum. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ooooooo, steal a line from boar gazum will you, heres a facial, sppplllttttzzzzz!
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I got mine from Fleet Farm.  Lot's of variety there.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
KINDA what i'm leaning to, i just think the 3/16th isnt strong enough but not sure what the anchor mate is rated for. i gotta think where the owners manual is?????????

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know the thickness of the rope I have for my 25 lb. anchor.  But I don't like the thin one's [rough on your hands].  Even have the same rope for my 12 lb anchor.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man 3/16 is about what that plastic coated clothesline is Glenn.  Are you sure it's not 3/8"?  I wouldn't go with anything less than 3/8 unless the owners manual advises against it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
KINDA what i'm leaning to, i just think the 3/16th isnt strong enough but not sure what the anchor mate is rated for. i gotta think where the owners manual is?????????

just google it............
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man 3/16 is about what that plastic coated clothesline is Glenn.  Are you sure it's not 3/8"?  I wouldn't go with anything less than 3/8 unless the owners manual advises against it.
i measured it with a tape measure, so yea i'm sure. :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

just google it............
so i finally had a bit of time and did in fact google it.

clearly says replacement rope should be 3/16 diamond braid poylester or nylon rope.

wonder if it mattered if i went to 1/4 inch???????????????????????????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does the 3/16 fill the spool?  And do you use all of it at times? 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Apparently not all 3/16" braided rope is the same.

I saw 100 feet for sale at Home Depot with a working load limit of 60 lbs.

Then I saw some at US Cargo Control with a load limit of 650 lbs.

Big difference.
 :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Does the 3/16 fill the spool?  And do you use all of it at times?
when i put the rope on initially when i installed it, seemed like to much rope. i had it wrap up outside that roller. and no i dont use the entire length, at least that i can remember.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Check that nice soft braided nylon.  I think that is pretty strong.  Nice to work with too. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Check that nice soft braided nylon.  I think that is pretty strong.  Nice to work with too. 
That might be what we have Glenn in our electric anchor,  doesn't seem nylon at all, easy to tie a knot, no memory and spools nicely ( unless like my old man that'll let it jump the spool and wrap around the shaft when not looking). Its pretty thin and lots of line but we'll run two anchors when we set on top of the spot.. If it helps I'll take a pic in a week or so..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That might be what we have Glenn in our electric anchor,  doesn't seem nylon at all, easy to tie a knot, no memory and spools nicely ( unless like my old man that'll let it jump the spool and wrap around the shaft when not looking). Its pretty thin and lots of line but we'll run two anchors when we set on top of the spot.. If it helps I'll take a pic in a week or so..
:happy1: thanks that be appreciated. As it's looking now the boats an ornament in the garage for a while yet! :angry2: :angry2: :confused: