Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Recent

Author Topic: WE DON'T NEED MORE E-15  (Read 338 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011 & 2018 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  • Liked: 294
  • Likes Given: 114
WE DON'T NEED MORE E-15
« on: June 10, 2019, 06:38:37 PM »
 :tut:  WE DON'T NEED MORE E-15 :crazy:

:reporter; ...
Recently, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) formally approved the year-round sale of fuels consisting of 15 percent ethanol, or E15. This fuel is a risk to consumer safety and the recreational fishing community because higher levels of ethanol in fuel damage boat engines, voiding their warranties and creating risk for anglers out on the water.

If this dangerous fuel is going to be sold year-round, at a minimum, consumers need to know what they are putting in their tank. New bipartisan legislation has been introduced in the House to reduce the dangers from E15 through proactive education, at the pump and beyond. The Consumer Protection and Fuel Transparency Act (H.R. 1024) would require the EPA to institute straightforward labeling at fuel pumps dispensing E15 explaining the danger and an education campaign to broadly inform consumers on what fuels are right for their products and vehicles.

By demanding better labeling at the pump, boaters and other consumer will have more chances to safely fuel and understand fully the dangers of E15 to themselves and their property.

Contact your Representative and ask them to support the Consumer Protection and Fuel Transparency Act by signing as a cosponsor today.

:happy1:
https://keepamericafishing.org/action-center/?v=7516fd43adaa&vvsrc=%2fCampaigns%2f66893%2fRespond%3fvvcgUT%3dVV3mJYX1Pkrlwa_ZX8g62Q%26vvcgRD%3dBzKQzRyU5Kcgqf6%26vvsbr%3dGyK6Ywd0JL2Go7sTYCn0gQ
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011 & 2018 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  • Liked: 294
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: WE DON'T NEED MORE E-15
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 09:38:06 AM »
Please take a minute out and sign the petition as noted on dis link below :bow:

Link....
https://keepamericafishing.org/action-center/?v=7516fd43adaa&vvsrc=%2fCampaigns%2f66893%2fRespond%3fvvcgUT%3dVV3mJYX1Pkrlwa_ZX8g62Q%26vvcgRD%3dBzKQzRyU5Kcgqf6%26vvsbr%3dGyK6Ywd0JL2Go7sTYCn0gQ

:popcorn: ...
If you don't give a crap do nuttin just like many others dat do nuttin and den complain bout everything! :taz: :whistling:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1129
  • Likes Given: 2887
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »
 :happy1: :happy1:  Done!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 1107
  • Likes Given: 935
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 10:47:15 AM »
MEH............ more work fer us union guys!!!!!!!!! more ethonal plants!!!!! :sleazy:

if people cant pay attention at the pump why do we need laws to protect idiots. besides i use da expensive non oxy gas in everything but the vehicles.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
so NOW that i got Lee's underwear all tied up in a bunch :rotflmao: :rotflmao:............................i signed da petition!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: but iffin they send me all kinds of garbage texts, emails..............we's is gonna have some fireworks!!!!!!! :confused: training-087 training-087

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 425
  • Likes Given: 552
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 11:10:26 AM »
I don't know of anyone that uses E15 in their outboards.  I use regular gas in my truck and oxy free in my outboard [115 merk 4 stroke] snow blower, mower ect.  Why would anyone use E15 in their equipment like outboard motors, mowers ect?  Instead of on the pump why not tell of the problems in owners manuals.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 991
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 11:57:07 AM »
'zactly. One thing I wish they would do is to be a little more clear about the labelling at the pump. Casey's in town here is a prime example. The pumps are labelled by octane in the large print but it's tough to know without reading the smaller print whether or not the fuel contains ethanol or how much. I've run the E10 in most of my stuff for years and haven't had much trouble with it. Now that it's available locally though I run non-oxy in small engine applications just like I've been doing in the Stude for many moons. I did run into some issues with the non-oxy this winter icing up in the skidsteer and the tractor. A few cans of Heet & problem solved.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »
'zactly. One thing I wish they would do is to be a little more clear about the labelling at the pump. Casey's in town here is a prime example. The pumps are labelled by octane in the large print but it's tough to know without reading the smaller print whether or not the fuel contains ethanol or how much. I've run the E10 in most of my stuff for years and haven't had much trouble with it. Now that it's available locally though I run non-oxy in small engine applications just like I've been doing in the Stude for many moons. I did run into some issues with the non-oxy this winter icing up in the skidsteer and the tractor. A few cans of Heet & problem solved.
that's because the non oxy had no alcohol in it. Besides you'd try to drink it then anyway  :mooning:

Video