Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One more project  (Read 3157 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I kind of brought this on my self.  Adding to our existing rock paths. 
12 years ago I built stone path ways from the house through the garden are to a pergola.  It was quite and
undertaking and took most of the summer to complete.  I picked all the rocks from rockpiles on my land.
Turns out there was one section that didn't get done so I decided to tackle it this year.  I have gathered
the rocks and started work yesterday.  Got a good jump on it this morning and hope to complete it by the days end.

existing path from house to garden

Through garden and on to pergola (not shown but a goo 50 feet beyond the garden.

Start of new path.

Existing path in garden

Work done so far. Lots to go yet.

Just flowers and such.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
wow! really nice work!! i can find the enthusiasm to finish two square patio blocks..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
It’s beautiful, love those pavers, where did you find those?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Taking a short break to let my head clear and my fingers rest.  I swear by the time I'm done, I will have handled each rock 10 times. (some a lot more).  Anyway, I hope I didn't hose up by starting at the end and working towards the middle but the one rock was just to big to more than once!

Boar,
Talk about enthusiasm, I did the other 160 feet 12 years ago and am just now getting back to finish one section.

Cooperman,
I have an unlimited supply of rock on my property.  I just need to select them from a pile.   :rotflmao:

Existing path to pergola.  Yes, the green things in the path are weeds or flowers.

Getting close to finished.

Now the big problem is to make them meet in the middle

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ha! yeah i hear ya, like i said ive 2 square patio blocks to put in and the patio is finished, its been 2 yearz. walk by it every day...i should finish that. lol. 12 years tho.... lol it looks awzome!!
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I figured once I started I better finish because it's hard to work up the gumption to get started.  However, it is now done and looks as good as the stuff I did 12 years ago.  I went a little faster because I wasn't quite as concerned about the absolute best fit for each rock.  Wisdom comes with age I guess.  Perfect day for making rock puzzles. 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry deadeye, I should have been more clear. I was asking about the border pavers, the row on each side of your rocks. That’s exactly what I’m looking for. I don’t want to use the ones you can get a Menards with the convex on one end and concave on the other ends. Yours look really nice.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No problem.  I got them at Runnings in Monticello.  They were behind the building and on clearance for $.75 each.  They had a pallet of them several weeks ago. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ha! yeah i hear ya, like i said ive 2 square patio blocks to put in and the patio is finished, its been 2 yearz. walk by it every day...i should finish that. lol. 12 years tho.... lol it looks awzome!!
yea i'm gonna just leave this one alone!!!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nice work deadeye!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: your union material!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well sombody on this forum needz to be union material....
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well sombody on this forum needz to be union material....
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: LPS!????????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm with ya Glenn...    :sleazy:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is a nice job!!!  Even if you waited 12 years to finish it.  There are always other things to do in the meantime when owning a home. Heck I waited that long to clean out my garage.  Mostly kid stuff that they didn't have room for and to be picked up in short order they said.  Well last fall I told them to get what they need or out it goes.  Everything went for junk.  Now the basement LOL.  good luck.