Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New? Generator shed  (Read 2517 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Being the rock path project went so good, I decided to tackle a new generator shed at my land.  Years ago my friends built an elevated archery shooting platform at the land.  I moved it out of the way when I bought the land.  Last week I tore it down but saved the well built 6x6 platform. The used treated wood and trex boards so it was very heavy.  I got some free cinder blocks from a neighbor and leveled them to keep the base off the ground.  I used cedar 4x4's I got free from my son who's work removed them from a play area.  The siding will be old weathered cedar deck boards I got from my son who replaced his decking this spring.  I had a 3x3 window that I bought several years ago because a grouse flew through the one in the shed and I only used the slider.  I broke down and spent $15 at a garage sale for a very nice screen door.  I also bought 9 2x4's for $20.  Total cost so far, $35.00.  With my wife's and grandsons help, we got a lot done yesterday.  I plan to continue work today. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man DE, I bet you don't even own a lawn chair do you?  You are too busy to use one.   :rotflmao:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
 Busy as a beaver.  Very nice work!!!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man DE, I bet you don't even own a lawn chair do you?  You are too busy to use one.   :rotflmao:
he uses deer stands! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice to have talent to do projects like this.  I have problems putting a nail in straight.  Great work!!  good luck.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Being the rock path project went so good, I decided to tackle a new generator shed at my land.  Years ago my friends built an elevated archery shooting platform at the land.  I moved it out of the way when I bought the land.  Last week I tore it down but saved the well built 6x6 platform. The used treated wood and trex boards so it was very heavy.  I got some free cinder blocks from a neighbor and leveled them to keep the base off the ground.  I used cedar 4x4's I got free from my son who's work removed them from a play area.  The siding will be old weathered cedar deck boards I got from my son who replaced his decking this spring.  I had a 3x3 window that I bought several years ago because a grouse flew through the one in the shed and I only used the slider.  I broke down and spent $15 at a garage sale for a very nice screen door.  I also bought 9 2x4's for $20.  Total cost so far, $35.00.  With my wife's and grandsons help, we got a lot done yesterday.  I plan to continue work today. 

Are you going to throw up some pink sheet inside to knock the noise down? Or do you have one them nice Honda quiet jobs?  :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This picture was taken a couple years ago.  The log hut is my current generator shed. My friend made it in one day using aspen logs. It's basically being reclaimed by nature and will probably collapse soon.  The shooting tower in the back left is where I got the base for the new generator shed from.  Just need to do the roof to finish.  Just in case you guys were getting too comfortable with summer, I used a winter photo. 

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Looking good DE!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finished the shed.  I used several sheets of treated plywood that were left over from a previous project to cover the roof.  There also was a roll of ice and water left behind by the previous owns so that covered the plywood.  I did buy two sticks of drip edge for $12.  So the grand total for the generator shed came to $47.00.  Now what's the next project......   

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Trails and more enclosed deer stands.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Trails and more enclosed deer stands.
i was thinking more on the lines of teaching boar to hunt and fish!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
dakids is right, last fall I put up to platforms that are begging for a enclosed blind to be built or placed on them.