Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: another outdoors site  (Read 10300 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
has gone to the wayside. uppermidwestoutdoors decided to close shop.Shane aka sandmannd, informed us he was going to do it. with everything going on in his life he didnt have time to monitor it, and quite frankly not many went there anymore. i lost the onl moderator job i ever had!!!! :confused: :cry: :cry: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i hope he decides to pop in here once in a while, i know he was a member. UMO basiclly started as a result of most the members there being banned from someplace else. it was a good run while it lasted. i have asked some of the somewhat active members to head over this way, so i hope they do. i know one canadian that posts some pretty darn awesome fishing vidoes!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yea mizsed those canadian videos, thats to bad about the site
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good videos he posted!!!  hope he shows up here too...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup these forums are old school. Not like the big money media sites.
That's to bad about Shane's site, I've fished with him a couple times...he's a good guy.

It's kinda tough though, keeping these running by yourself...you all know, cause even this one hits the crap fan every once in awhile.

I don't blame him, cause I've thought about it a few times myself.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
noooooooooooooll glenn hasn't even learned to fish yet..
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys have to admit though hands down this place is full of great advice,  Lee does an outstanding job on different topics he posts, the home page changes weekly with great reads!!  Im over at fmo and hso yet they have NOTHING compared to here, keep up the good work guys,  this place rocks with so much more going on!!  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys have to admit though hands down this place is full of great advice,  Lee does an outstanding job on different topics he posts, the home page changes weekly with great reads!!  Im over at fmo and hso yet they have NOTHING compared to here, keep up the good work guys,  this place rocks with so much more going on!!  :happy1:

2nd ya !!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
noooooooooooooll glenn hasn't even learned to fish yet..
:confused: :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well thanks boober, I try to teach you guys stuff!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah....
like what not to do!!!! how not to catch fish...
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah....
like what not to do!!!! how not to catch fish...
:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This place is a big part of my day.  It is great to interact with youse guys.  I tell people all of the time about talking to my fishing, hunting, smoking meats buddies in the mornings to start my day.  Even when I do things during the day I look forward to sharing it with you guys.  Hang in there HD.  We appreciate all that you do so I hope you realize that!!!  And let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
This place is a big part of my day.  It is great to interact with youse guys.  I tell people all of the time about talking to my fishing, hunting, smoking meats buddies in the mornings to start my day.  Even when I do things during the day I look forward to sharing it with you guys.  Hang in there HD.  We appreciate all that you do so I hope you realize that!!!  And let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 
X 2 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Glenn was a moderator there at one time under the moniker of Ude Lake Tom.  Shane and I had a wee bit political falling out and I left that site quite a while ago.  At one time, it was a great site. 
Leaving there, was one of the reasons, I quit visiting some of the outdoor sites and until recently, even this one.  So sad.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They called me Finch over there & my main focus was the same as here. ;) :smiley: Harassing glenn & hopin to keep him in line. :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought someone would have mentioned it already but here it is:  SO the only site Glenn has ever been a moderator at folded up.  ???   :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There are other outdoor sites?
 :confused:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
There are other outdoor sites?
 :confused:

Duuu, Yellowstone is an Outdoor site!!  :crazy:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I thought someone would have mentioned it already but here it is:  SO the only site Glenn has ever been a moderator at folded up.  ???   :confused:
to.easy......
78.50"

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
to.easy......
I guess Glenn and I have a little in common then, at least though, he wasn't booted off. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I been on HSO, FM and midwestoutdoors for as long as I've been on MNO.
I've never had any issues on Shanes site....  :happy1:
But, every time I go on the "other" site I get the "my posts have to be approved"
I ain't never done nothing over there to be questioned on what I post.  :scratch:

Oh well.....I have never met Rick, or even know if he knows who I am....
But, to treat members like that, I can see why his forum is dying tooo....

I wish no ill will on any site, cause in the end...we all are just wanting to be connected in things we love.

I'm glad you folk's have found a home here, and your always welcome!  :happy1:

But, I even feel concern over folks that have left, and not heard from...

Come to think of it...what happened to Reb?  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah, miss the ol scoundrel!  glenn what yu do now????
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The ol Rebster  said he is dealing with a bunch of family issues. Hope he makes it back before to long.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and a couple personnel issues too.....

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
But, every time I go on the "other" site I get the "my posts have to be approved"
I ain't never done nothing over there to be questioned on what I post.  :scratch:

May be you need to get a Gmail account then call yourself HD2.  That will trick um!  :happy1:  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it is too bad that some of the sites don't make it.  BUT HSO was a lot of fun when I first joined but turned into a gestapo type site I thought.  If you didn't kiss Ricks azz you didn't make it.  I got so sick of that I quit and have not looked at it since.  When they started changing words I posted that really made me mad.  If you wrote the word site they changed it to page.  How stupid and controlling is that.  AND if you even mentioned another site they deleted it or scolded you.  Do they really think that people don't look at other sites?  That is the most narcissist thing I have ever experienced.  It was fun when Boar told someone how can you not have room for an extension for your ice auger?  Just bring the darn thing with you.  Man that got Rick's panties in a bunch.  AND WHY?  I did meet some of you there so that was the good thing.  Much more fun here. 

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

Oh well.....I have never met Rick, or even know if he knows who I am....
But, to treat members like that, I can see why his forum is dying tooo....

I wish no ill will on any site, cause in the end...we all are just wanting to be connected in things we love.

I'm glad you folk's have found a home here, and your always welcome!  :happy1:

But, I even feel concern over folks that have left, and not heard from...

Come to think of it...what happened to Reb?  :scratch:

The big difference between the sites like HSO and this site is that the owner isn't trying to make a huge profitable business out of this site.

This website is laid back and members enjoy that. You come here and pull up a comfortable chair and shoot the crap with like minded folks. We have lots of members that share great ideas and experiences and I for one learn a ton!

So thank you HD, thank you to all our active members! This is what make MNO a great place to stop in!

www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND there is not all of the bickering and fighting here.  If you said something on HSO you may get beaten up by someone with a different opinion.  Including the moderators.  Felt like kindergarten. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I like it here and I like the people here. Just a fun place.