Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: hey deadeye  (Read 2497 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
does your deer chapter have an avenue that would give hunting clothes to kids/people that need some???? that cant afford them???????

I have a bunch of blaze orange and different camo patterns hunting clothes i'd like to clean out of my closets. some of the clothes where clothes my grandson used to where. I admit its taken a while since he died to want to part with but its time that some of this stuff needs to go.

I have not gone through it yet, but I will shortly. I was going to do a garage sale type thing but that seems overrated.

or anyone else know of someone in need. only catch is its ALL going to go at the same time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Great way to honor yur granson glenn. very fitting.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd what Boar said!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks guys!!!!!!! :happy1: my step on was here and gave him the last chance and he took a couple things. I took everything out of the closet and laid it on the bed that I don't believe I wanna keep but still want to go through it more thoroughly..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn good idea Glenn.  Someone will be using it and that is cool as heck.  Just like he is hunting with them.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I took a picture of the stuff but having a hard time getting it to post!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a picture of some of the hunting clothes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure if I am going to give the orange suit on the floor yet till I go through things better.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
hang in ther brother. it cant be easy. sorry yur going thru this..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck.  I know how hard it is to separate memories from the stuff they were made with.  It does help when you know something will go to good use.

I always liked original trebark camo.

Online Glenn_S

• Outdoorsman
Here you go, Glenn. This organization is in MN and might be just what you are looking for:

http://www.kidshuntingfoundation.com/donate.html

"I hope we have once again reminded people, that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." ~Ronald Reagan

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here you go, Glenn. This organization is in MN and might be just what you are looking for:

http://www.kidshuntingfoundation.com/donate.html
thanks I'll look into it  :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for late reply. I was gone on vacation, if that's possible, for the past week. MDHA doesn't have such a program (although I think its a great idea), however our Chapter and a couple others sponsor a Youth Mentored hunt at Three Rivers Park every year.  Usually about 13-15 youngsters take part in the hunt.  They are chosen from youth who attended the Forkhorn Camps during the summer.  Usually the ones chosen do not come from hunting families and it is their first real hunting experience.  Most of these do not have hunting clothes.  Our chapter has donated hunting vests and some members donate clothes as well. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks deadeye. I happen to go to Grand Rapids now and then, isn't that the MDHA headquarters? Maybe I'll look them up. I will also be seeing on of the CO's from that area in Vegas this week. I'll chat with him.