Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Polish Sausage  (Read 6711 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
smelled boar bacon once, oh my that was nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!   so yes they will try anything to make a buck........
I smelled boar a couple Saturdays ago...…..yea he was nasty too!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Why would you be sniffing Boar?!  :doofus:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
smelled boar bacon once, oh my that was nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!   so yes they will try anything to make a buck........
I smelled boar a couple Saturdays ago...…..yea he was nasty too!!!!!!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I knew you'd take that to a new level!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Why would you be sniffing Boar?!  :doofus:
pretty hard not to...……..he was standing next to me!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
EWWWW!   🐽 :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured ti was the turkey and chicken skin...

I looked at the ingredients in some chorizo at wally world.   First ingredient was beef salivary glands.    I put it back.     

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured ti was the turkey and chicken skin...

I looked at the ingredients in some chorizo at wally world.   First ingredient was beef salivary glands.    I put it back.   

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1    Ya that doesn't sound good.  What does a salivary gland even look like?  The inside of a nostril type thing??

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys are gettin' gross! Exploding sheep, spit glands.....stop!  :puke:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
And Lymph nodes to boot.  So the moral of the story is to not buy this sh**t.  Buy a small grinder to make just 5 pounds or so or 10 and buy seasoning already made for it.  Curley's or a lot of other places to go on line.  If you don't want to get a 5 pound vertical stuffer for around $100 then just make it bulk and make patties.  Then no junk in your sausage.  You can also get a LEM jerky stuffer for around $26 bucks and use that as a stuffer to make links.  If you ever need help let me know.  So much crap in commercial sausage today and almost all products regardless of brand taste the same. good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
And Lymph nodes to boot.  So the moral of the story is to not buy this sh**t.  Buy a small grinder to make just 5 pounds or so or 10 and buy seasoning already made for it.  Curley's or a lot of other places to go on line.  If you don't want to get a 5 pound vertical stuffer for around $100 then just make it bulk and make patties.  Then no junk in your sausage.  You can also get a LEM jerky stuffer for around $26 bucks and use that as a stuffer to make links.  If you ever need help let me know.  So much crap in commercial sausage today and almost all products regardless of brand taste the same. good luck.

There are other brands of Chorizo that have actual meat.   Does Curly's have Chorizo seasoning? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No, but Juan does.  :rotflmao:   

Del, stick with normal food and you'll be fine.  Polish is better than Mexican snausage anyway.   :bonk: 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/07/19, 05:14:10 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, no they do not have one for that.  Yes I'm sure they have chorizo that do not use the junk meat for it.  I'm sure they have recipes for chorizo on line.  Just use pork butt's.  I have never made it myself.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
There were other brands with better sounding ingredients.....   

That one stuck in my memory.   

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
so RH likes "big butts" eh? j/k....great lookin polish RH looks like you put some smoke on them.... man grew up with steamed polish n saur kruat,darn good comfort food.