Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Prepare for a bumpy ride...  (Read 8961 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Our hosting site has locked us down and won't let any new members join. They are putting the screws to me to upgrade our server. I just payed this years hosting fees, but, I'll probably need to switch hosting servers....

Just letting you know, this site could be up and down till this gets worked out. We will probably be switching to a different server even if they don't refund my money....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
HD, I think I might of brought this to lite with wheezy outdoors. Hope we can get them on soon.

With that being said I have no issue donating something to the cause. This is one awesome site i am proud to be part of. :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How much were those fees and when is the click on the Donation feature going to kick in?   Seriously HD.  You need to do the Donation thing.  If some can afford to donate they can or can't whatever.  Nothing personal.  BUT to keep your site going is paramount.  Don't let it get to tough on you.   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Like I said before, the hosting fees ain't that much....around $70 a year.... I can handle that (the domain fees are a different animal)
The server that we have now, changed their criteria without letting the site owners know.

Glenn had brought this to light, without me even knowing, folks couldn't log on and create a new account.

Granted, we have had little down time compared to the previous hosting company.

But, if we can't grow... what's the purpose?

Lps, I understand your frustrations.... and I'll work on that.

This is no scam, or scare tactic of any sort. I'm just letting you know that this could get bumpy, and hang with me!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'm along for the ride, for what that's worth.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Me also.  At least you are up front and letting us know.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Like I said before, the hosting fees ain't that much....around $70 a year.... I can handle that (the domain fees are a different animal)
The server that we have now, changed their criteria without letting the site owners know.

Glenn had brought this to light, without me even knowing, folks couldn't log on and create a new account.

This is no scam, or scare tactic of any sort. I'm just letting you know that this could get bumpy, and hang with me!
hey we know you can't fish or hunt worth ..... Awe never mind.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We're with ya bud!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

hey we know you can't fish or hunt worth ..... Awe never mind.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We're with ya bud!!

Oh Muffin Head....EVERYBODY knows I could spin sh_tties around you....So, why go there?  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I'am there for this site all day and tomorrow...  I'll help any way I can!!!  go HD!!! :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I will gladly donate several sheep... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I sent what they call a 'Ticket" , (this is their form) to them to either fix the issue, or refund my money to move the site to a different server. So, the ball is in their court. We'll see....  :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I sent what they call a 'Ticket" , (this is their form) to them to either fix the issue, or refund my money to move the site to a different server. So, the ball is in their court. We'll see....  :confused:

good luck!!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll help anyway I can. Just don't ask for tech help!; :banghead: :banghead: I can't even figure out that friggin new crlk phone. :angry2: :angry2:

But I can give you more fish like I did I ever other time  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll help anyway I can. Just don't ask for tech help!; :banghead: :banghead: I can't even figure out that friggin new crlk phone. :angry2: :angry2:

But I can give you more fish like I did I ever other time  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

What's a crlk phone? :scratch: :confused: Been to Morey's, huh?  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are crlk phones expensive?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Very. No one can understand the letters on the keypad, except Boar.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn must be driving while looking at those hotties that were posted here yesterday.... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

What's a crlk phone? :scratch: :confused: Been to Morey's, huh?  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
posting from a cell phone and fat fingers!!!! :pouty: OR......…it mighta been da  :toast: :scratch: naw wasnt that!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So HD, HOW things going.?? :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
So HD, HOW things going.?? :scratch:
The tech-guy added a error message for those that are trying to gain registration. The server hosting still has us locked down. Sent several messages to them and only got one response, asking for a copy off the error codes. They were sent, and have not heard a peep for over a week now. The tech-guy put a copy of the site on a different server to try out the registration, and it works fine...so, it is the hosting service that is causing the problem. I just payed for the hosting fees prior to finding out about the problem. I asked for a refund if they can't fix it, with no response. So, I guess I have to make a decision to move the site and loose the fees already payed and pay a different host for the site.
« Last Edit: July 07/14/19, 06:08:38 AM by HD »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are the man HD.  You have a lot of knowledge about this stuff.  I'm impressed!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I registered for a account on the new hosting site....so, I'm pulling the plug.
You might not notice any down time, but may see some posts that don't get through during the transition. This being, that we have to make a complete copy first, they install it, then turn it on.

The tech-guy also has a plan for a donation button, if that's what you folks want.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Great to hear!!!  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I registered for a account on the new hosting site....so, I'm pulling the plug.
You might not notice any down time, but may see some posts that don't get through during the transition. This being, that we have to make a complete copy first, they install it, then turn it on.

The tech-guy also has a plan for a donation button, if that's what you folks want.
thanks for the update. sure would like to get that wheezy outdoors here posting. she looked at the site and rally liked it.

any donations I make will be mailed to ya though.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We seem to be up and running with the new hosting company. If you are experiencing anything that is not working properly....let me know

HD

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenns not working properly.....actully glenn dosent work..
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"