Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2019 twins  (Read 61548 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Man there fun to watch this year. There never out of it and even if there down a guy feels they can come back.

That Rogers sure is fun to watch pitch.

On a side note, I am definitely a bandwagon guy. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

They've already hit as many homers this year then they did all last year. They better start working on a lot of contract extension.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Been years since I watched them, but have been watching them lately, too. it's fun!  :cheesy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok back to  :campfire: and  :drinking: :toast:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
They have always been my team, even in the bad times, and I wear one of my Twins shirts win or lose.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They have always been my team, even in the bad times, and I wear one of my Twins shirts win or lose.
Same here GT, no bandwagon guy here. No shirts though! ;) :smiley: They had a little mini slump on the last road trip but are back playin like they did in May & most of June since they started the Texas series. Thought :scratch: I heard Bremer say that they hadn't won a series in Oakland in 8 though, years while  they were playin them. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still have two of the '87 Twins Wheaties boxes, two of the '91 Wheaties boxes, and the '91 Frosted Flakes ones with Tony the Tiger dressed as a Twin. Also the old TC hats, and the '87 and '91 champ hats. Should get rid of a few of those; don't need all of 'em.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've still got some Homer Hankies from '87. :scratch: :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's something I don't have!   Hmmm....a trade maybe.....some day.  ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My buddy Blue is a big fan.  He finally got me watching this year.  The wife and I are both enjoying it.  I think being retired makes it easier to watch them too.  Game at about 1 today too.  May have to smoke something whilst we watch. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My buddy Blue is a big fan.  He finally got me watching this year.  The wife and I are both enjoying it.  I think being retired makes it easier to watch them too.  Game at about 1 today too.  May have to smoke something whilst we watch.

Barry!!  :smoking:      :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Barry!!  :smoking:      :tut:
few years ago ya needed to smoke something to watch them!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually I was thinking ribs...    :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lifelong Twins fan, not a bandwagon guy but sometimes a closet fan when the times were lean. At least I've always hated the Yankees!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I come from a family of dedicated Twins fans. My parents, my grandparents, and even my great grandparents on my moms side have been Twins fans!

We've endured lots of bad years, great to see them playing so well this year. We were up at the cabin over the 4th and watched them play (on TV) both Thurs & Friday.

Go Twins!!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bump! Just wonderin :scratch: who else watched this last :crazy: series against them damn Yankees. :pouty: They score 27 runs in 3 games & only win 1.  :doah: Might've won another game or 2 if they'd just walked that Gregorius guy. :tut: :bonk: He was 8 for 10 with 10 RBI's & he only played the last 2. :bow: Hope they take it out on the White Sox tonight.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i watched the ends of the games. they where crazy, especially the middle game when Sano crushed that homerun to take the lead again.

that 3 game series was some crazy baseball!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I started watching more this year.  I was impressed we beat the Yankees the first game.  Then thought we had won the second one so went to bed.  Woke to see they beat us.  Darn..  Damn those Yankees.   LOL

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What happened to our pitching?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I started watching more this year.  I was impressed we beat the Yankees the first game.  Then thought we had won the second one so went to bed.  Woke to see they beat us.  Darn..  Damn those Yankees.   LOL

Same here.........

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to agree, Steve-o, but I'm not so sure that the teams they played the last couple of series didn't have quite a bit to do with it. Both teams are among the leaders in the league on striking out the least. Not sure what the hell happened with the Mets. :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In my very limited Twins watching I like of like that young pitcher Rodgers.  Don't know if he is really very good though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
In my very limited Twins watching I like of like that young pitcher Rodgers.  Don't know if he is really very good though.
i love watching that guy pitch........i think he is a top notch save guy!!!

even the yankees top save guy walked the bases loading the other nite.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to agree, Steve-o, but I'm not so sure that the teams they played the last couple of series didn't have quite a bit to do with it. Both teams are among the leaders in the league on striking out the least. Not sure what the hell happened with the Mets. :confused:

Yes, part of it is good hitting opponents, but we're also not seeing the best out of our pitchers lately.  We keep hoping they'll revert back to the performances they had early on.

I do hope they make moves to add both starters and relievers, and not so much supposedly for the raw upgrade in talent, but rather to send a message to the pitching staff that the cavalry has arrived.  Maybe they will all loosen up a bit and pitch better.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too!! :happy1: He's got a good fastball & a wicked curve when he's on, besides he's a lefty. It's very hard to have too many good lefthanded pitchers in the bullpen. 'Bout the only 1 they could really count on to close games for most of the last month. :cool:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes, part of it is good hitting opponents, but we're also not seeing the best out of our pitchers lately.  We keep hoping they'll revert back to the performances they had early on.

I do hope they make moves to add both starters and relievers, and not so much supposedly for the raw upgrade in talent, but rather to send a message to the pitching staff that the cavalry has arrived.  Maybe they will all loosen up a bit and pitch better.
You're spot on & I couldn't agree more about them signing some help for the starters & bullpen before the end of the month. For the last 4 or 5 starts Perez & Pineda have looked better to me than Odorizzi & Berrios. :scratch:  :pouty: At least more consistent 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Perez.  I think he's a good pitcher.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just what the Dr ordered last night, 7 from Berrios & only the 1 guy in relief. :cool: The bats were still hot too. :happy1: Still had 1 inning where they kicked it around some & they need to get that out of their system. Glad to see Buxton back too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I missed the dang game!!!   :mad1:  What was the final?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
10-3 Cruz had 3 HR's on his 1st 3 swings, Keplar & Sano had 1 a pc too. It was their 9th game with 5 HR's & that's a MLB record. :cool: Poppen, just up from AAA , looked good in relief & I think we might see him again before the seasons over. :happybounce:
« Last Edit: July 07/26/19, 08:08:00 AM by Gunner55 »