Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2019 twins  (Read 61563 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where they put Dyson, the reliever they got from SF, on the IL. Buxton too, shoulder & he's going to be a couple weeks, at least :sad:. Pineda missed a start this time around as well but not sure :scratch: if he went on the IL. The Braves in town for 3 startin today, 7:10 1st pitch.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another good win! :cool: A great effort from Odorizzi & May on the mound. :applause: Arraez, Kepler, & Sano did most the heavy lifting at the plate & Texas shutout the Indians. So the lead is up to 4 :happybounce:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yeppers..........seen the highlites on the news. Sano with a walkoff 2 run homer!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy to see Odorizzi was up to the challenge and May and Sano saved the day.  As for the rest of the bullpen...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have followed the twins this year more then i've ever ha, even the world series years. i followed the game on my phone looking at updates of the score. seen they where winning then tied. not so long ago you just new they'd blow it and lose.

not this year! just have that feeling that they always havethat ability to pull it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
yeppers..........seen the highlites on the news. Sano with a walkoff 2 run homer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah & he smoked it. :cool: What I liked the most is that the 1st pitch was a low & inside strike & he didn't even swing at it. :bow:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy to see Odorizzi was up to the challenge and May and Sano saved the day.  As for the rest of the bullpen...

I not so sure Steve-o :scratch:, I'm startin to be a fan of the  :crazy: little guy we got from Miami too. He doesn't throw very hard but seems to be able to hit his spots with some wicked off speed breaking stuff. Hope he can keep it up, he's been around for a while & pitched in the playoffs before. So................................

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, my bullpen implosion is probably too dramatic.  But like Glenn, I used my phone to tune into the game in the 7th inning when Harper came in and gave up the lead.  :doah:  And Duffy didn't look like he was capable of stopping the bleeding either.  :surrender:  I'm glad May was ready.  :happy1:  And thank goodness for Sano last night.   :bow:

I wasn't following the rest of the game, but is it too much to ask the starter to go one more inning?  No, as a fan I need to trust the manager and the manager has to trust the players.  Hopefully Odo came out of this came with his confidence restored.

This season is a fun ride.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Those 2 have been very inconsistent lately & are rarely asked to pitch to more than a batter or 2 anymore. Rogers has been good & he's the only 1 they could count on to close since the All Star break. Pretty much why they went after Romo & Dyson IMO. Ordorizzi threw a lot of pitches in the 1st 2 innings, think he was close to 50 as he was getting ahead in the count but he coudn't put 'em away. I'm not sure what his final pitch count was(~110) but it was the highest he's had all year. I didn't think he was going to make it through 5. Berrios tonight & your right we need at least 1 of the starters to go longer every week to take some of the stress off the bullpen. Lots of fun to watch as they're never out of the game the way they can score.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: Ouch, hard to watch that 1 last night. :sad: At least until Cruz got the bats started. :pouty: Most ER's ever allowed by Berrios, only way he could through a strike was right down the middle & they weren't missin it. :thumbs: At least the bullpen came in & did a good job. Hope Berrios got it out of his system & doesn't do a repeat in his start against Cleveland.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: Ouch, hard to watch that 1 last night. :sad: At least until Cruz got the bats started. :pouty: Most ER's ever allowed by Berrios, only way he could through a strike was right down the middle & they weren't missin it. :thumbs: At least the bullpen came in & did a good job. Hope Berrios got it out of his system & doesn't do a repeat in his start against Cleveland.
wasnt hard to not watch at all!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked: :confused: :confused: :confused: :angry2: :angry2:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
wasnt hard to not watch at all!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked: :confused: :confused: :confused: :angry2: :angry2:

I turned it off after it was 11-0.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I turned it off after it was 11-0.

Yeah, after Cruz hit the home run I said, "Good for him," and turned it off.  I was pleased to hear that they put up 7 before the game was over.  This team doesn't quit, but when you give up 6 in an inning, they make it hard on themselves.

In other news... In today's game, after three innings the Braves are up 6-zip.  :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
7-3 last I looked, 'bout 45 minutes to a hour ago :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
11-3....          :banghead:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't get to watch squat of this series,  but from what it looks were lucky to get 1 win...AT HOME....

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I didn't get to watch squat of this series,  but from what it looks were lucky to get 1 win...AT HOME....

Completely agree, we almost were swept. That one win was only because of a 2 out, pinch hit, 2 run homer by Sano.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Their 1st 3, Acuna, Albies, & Freeman were human wrecking balls all series. :crazy: Today alone they had 5 RBI's & scored 5 too. Twins aren't the only team those 3 have put the hurt on this season, won't be the last either.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins had 2-3 chances to make both the games they lost a lot closer as they left men on base in scoring position but didn't get the big 2 out hit. Not really their fault either as they hit the ball hard several times but the Braves D made the play to take the hit away. Big series startin today & they need to at least split, that would be 6 wins out of 10 for the home stand.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it was Gibson's turn to look terrible. :sad: Hope Cruz isn't hurt too bad :pouty: but it looked like the same injury he's been fighting all year. The young lefty, Smeltzer, goes tonight.
« Last Edit: August 08/09/19, 10:18:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Well it was Gibson's turn to look terrible. :sad: Hope Cruz is hurt to bad :pouty: but it looked like the same injury he's been fighting all year. The young lefty, Smeltzer, goes tonight.

I was frustrated and decided to mow the lawn shortly after we had just made it 4-2 and then Gibby walks the first two batters that he faces in the next inning. I came back in the house and it was 6-5 in the 8th so was glad to see us battling.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
WA hoppen-in? :confused:  Da Twins seem to be in a backward slide while da Indians are just slidin- in. :rotflmao:

"Oh well" at least Da Cubbies :cool: are still hangin on ta first place. :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 04:53:39 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
WA hoppen-in? :confused:  Da Twins seem to be in a backward slide while da Indians are just slidin- in. :rotflmao:

"Oh well" at least Da Cubbies :cool: are still hangin on ta first place. :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: Not so fast there, Trublemaker #2. ;) :rotflmao: They won 1, didn't see any of it though, maybe that's the trick. :scratch: :rolleyes: :laugh: Some good pitching, Odorizzi, Romo, & Rogers. Good "D", & a couple timely hits. A couple solo shots too, Kepler & Gonzalez is what I read. :happy1: :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

MINNEAPOLIS — Carlos Santana's grand slam in the top of the 10th inning sent the visiting Cleveland Indians to a pivotal 7-3 win over the Minnesota Twins on Sunday.

Santana took Twins closer Taylor Rogers (2-3) deep over the wall in left-center with nobody out, and the Twins, who'd rallied to send the game into extra innings, could not recover in losing for the fifth time in their last six games.

The Indians left Minneapolis with a series win and tied atop the American League Central with the Twins after taking three of four games in the series.Cleveland trailed Minnesota by 11 1/2 games on June 2; now both teams are 71-47.

The two rivals play each other six more times before the regular season ends.

The Twins forced extra innings with two runs in the bottom of the ninth inning against Indians closer Brad Hand (5-3), who blew his third save chance of the season but ended up the winning pitcher.

Marwin Gonzalez doubled in Luis Arraez with one out to tie the score 3-3, with pinch-runner Ehire Adrianza thrown out at home plate on the play to keep theTwins from walking off as winners.

The Indians loaded the bases quickly against Rogers and got Santana's 25th home run of the season.

Indians starter Aaron Civale held the Twins to a run on four hits through sixinnings, and Greg Allen homered and scored twice.

Civale struck out five without a walk, and has allowed just two earned runs in the first three starts of his major league career. With 18 innings pitched overall, he lowered his earned run average to 1.00.

Allen homered off Twins starter Jose Berrios, who got off to a rough start.After the home run, Yasiel Puig doubled in Santana for a 2-0 lead in the first inning.

The Twins made it 2-1 on an Arraez sacrifice fly in the second inning, butCleveland responded with Santana's run-scoring single in the third.

Berrios settled down and retired 12 in a row before departing after six innings. He allowed three earned runs on six hits with four strikeouts and a walk.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I check every day and FSN is still not on Dish.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They start a series(2) in Milwaukee tonight, then to Texas for 4. Back home after that, White Sox & Tigers.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
As I look back :scratch: it was fun watchin "Da Twins" as day scrambled from day ta day ta hang on ta first place. However, I'm not da type a guy ta rub it in when da chips are down. :party1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
As I look back :scratch: it was fun watchin "Da Twins" as day scrambled from day ta day ta hang on ta first place. However, I'm not da type a guy ta rub it in when da chips are down. :party1:

FAKE NEWS

*click*

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, Lee, yer right!  I'm jumping OFF the band wagon.  In typical Minnesota fashion, I'd rather be right than enjoy our first real pennant race in over a decade.  Cleveland's pitching is better than ours and they added just enough hitting to put them over the top.  Cleveland is hot and on the rise and the Twins are ice cold with major holes in the starting rotation and bullpen.  The one pitcher we added appears to be damaged goods.  I'm throwin in the towel.

P.S.  I WILL be back IF they do get this figured out.   :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Another exciting finish & this time the good guys won. Twins 7, Brewers 5! :happybounce: Harper had just given up a 4-1 lead in the 7th when Rosario & Sano got on base ahead of Gonzaiez who crushed the 1st pitch from the Brewers closer. :cool: In came Dyson, fresh off the IL yday, for a smooth 8th with Romo following him in the 9th. Romo struggled a bit with his last 2 batters but was able to make the big pitch when he needed too. :bow: Cleveland lost to the Red Sox in 10 innings too. :happy1: