Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2019 twins  (Read 61579 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope Odorizzi can throw 'em some strikes right from the get go & not so many walks. :happy1: I'd rather see 3-4 solo HR's than 2-3 innings where they score 2-3 runs. :sad: :bonk: Go Twins :cheerleader:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
O you filthy rotten b****ds!!!!!! Twins ain't on DirecTV tonite, SOCCER is!!!  You rotten sumb&$^#%&$#&%$#%$##!!!!!!!!!!!1

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well this is starting out like crap. Load the bases in the 2nd with no outs and don't score?  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well this is starting out like crap. Load the bases in the 2nd with no outs and don't score?  :doah:
Was thinkin the same then Dotch. :tut:  :bs: We had some other good chances but they couldn't get it done.  :thumbs: :pouty:  :sad:. This is hard for me to say, kind of like agreein with you know who, but NY just played better this series. Their starters were better & so was their bullpen. Even their defense & especially their bats bats in the clutch went right for them. Still was an awesome season for the Twins  :cheerleader::cool: & if you'd told me in April that they'd take the division with 100 wins I'd probably called you. :crazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, this season was more than we hoped for.  The success probably surprised the front office guys too.  We'll see if they can build on it for next year.

Trouble is that while they were building to beat the teams in our division, they weren't built to beat the best teams in baseball.  You have to have some semblance of starting pitching, and they had far too little of that.

But it was a good run.  Hopefully we'll have fewer injuries next year, retain some key guys, find some starting pitching, and make it a little farther next year - and beat 'dem Damn Yankees!
 :angry2:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like most all the players will be back next year...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yankees had a lot of injuries too, more than just about anyone else, but the timing of those injuries played a part in how this series went IMO. They were pretty healthy at the end of the regular season & we had a few key guys go down. :sad:  Not much can be done about that. :pouty: Some starting pitcher depth, another quality lefty in the bull pen, & holding on to most, if not all, of the FA's they signed this season would be a very good start on next year. :cool:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Kepler and Polanco are the only guys locked up to long term deals.  Everyone else (literally) is up for Free Agency, eligible for Arbitration, or not signed.

Twins Salaries and Contracts - Team Future Payrolls

Castro, Cruz, Pineda, Odorizzi, Gibson, Parez, Schoop, and Romo are free agents next year.

Sano, Buxton, Rogers, Adrianza, May, Torreyes, and Berrios are arbitration eligible.

Yeah, you probably don't want to keep all of those guys, but that is also a lot of players to give raises to.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where they have an option on Cruz & Perez for next season & that would be a great place to start. Your right though, that's a lot of guys to give raises to & I don't think they will be able to. Falvey & Levine are going to have a busy off season, that's for sure. The way the game has went, I see the price of good relievers going up quite a bit  & I'm hopin we can get a couple of the young guys who came up at the end to work out there. I heard Smoltz say towards the end of the game that he thought that Graterol would be better suited as a starter for next year.  :scratch: Lots of questions to be answered & interesting to see how much $ the Pohlads are willing to spend to try to win. :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And now I can't even watch it live today!!! Thanks DirecTV, ya jackwads!!!!   :moon:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see where they have an option on Cruz & Perez for next season & that would be a great place to start. Your right though, that's a lot of guys to give raises to & I don't think they will be able to. Falvey & Levine are going to have a busy off season, that's for sure. The way the game has went, I see the price of good relievers going up quite a bit  & I'm hopin we can get a couple of the young guys who came up at the end to work out there. I heard Smoltz say towards the end of the game that he thought that Graterol would be better suited as a starter for next year.  :scratch: Lots of questions to be answered & interesting to see how much $ the Pohlads are willing to spend to try to win. :confused:
pohlads spend money to win.............yea right!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :doofus: :crazy: :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
pohlads spend money to win.............yea right!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :doofus: :crazy: :confused: :confused:
'Bout like you using lots of mustard? ;) Right!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
'Bout like you using lots of mustard? ;) Right!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
what you talkin about Willis!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: i just used mustard sunday on my venny weinnies........ of course der was horseradish and KATCHUP TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ahh gawd..................

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
what you talkin about Willis!!!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: i just used mustard sunday on my venny weinnies........ of course der was horseradish and KATCHUP TOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
You put mustard & horseradish on your wiener?  :scratch: :doah: :laugh: :laugh: :nerd: :nerd: Besides I said LOTS of mustard. :tut:
« Last Edit: October 10/08/19, 08:52:42 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don''t ask about his weenie!!!!!! Ya know where THAT Will go!!!!  :censored: :doah:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Kepler and Polanco are the only guys locked up to long term deals.  Everyone else (literally) is up for Free Agency, eligible for Arbitration, or not signed.

Twins Salaries and Contracts - Team Future Payrolls

Castro, Cruz, Pineda, Odorizzi, Gibson, Parez, Schoop, and Romo are free agents next year.

Sano, Buxton, Rogers, Adrianza, May, Torreyes, and Berrios are arbitration eligible.

Yeah, you probably don't want to keep all of those guys, but that is also a lot of players to give raises to.

My guess is Castro, Schoop, Romo, are not coming back.
They will probably offer Odorizzi a multi year deal to come back. Both Pineda and Gibson might get offered something around what they were paid this past season to return on short term deals.

Sano, Buxton, Rogers, May, and Berrios will all be back next year on arbitration or new deals like Kepler & Polanco did this past spring. Adrianza will depend on price.

What about Cron?
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd love to see Romo back but I don't think they'll want to pay him what he can get elswhere. Liked Schoop too as he had some big games for 'em but Arraez will most likely take that job. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cron back as they picked him up on waivers so his deal wasn't a lot of $. With him being hurt towards the end & not playing a lot I'm not sure :scratch: how many other teams will be interested. Hope so!
« Last Edit: October 10/09/19, 08:24:46 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Sano's future is at 1st base if he plays a position or DH.  I am hopeful they will fix Cron's thumb.

Between Sano, Cron, and Cruz... do you think they keep all 3?  I hope so.

They say Cruz had a positive influence on Sano.  I'd like to see Sano's improvement cemented with one more year under Cruz's wing.  If they don't resign Cruz, I'd be afraid Sano would lapse back into old habits.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They've picked up Cruz's option for 2020. :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen (MLB) that too, article said they don't have to make it official until after the WS though. A bargain too, only $12 mil, they thought he probably would've got more & a longer deal as a FA.   :happy1: :cool:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
All I know is I enjoyed the season for the most part, except for the ending.  How does the saying go???  "wait until next year"!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yday's game showed that it's not only the Twins pitchers who have trouble getting the Yankee hitters out. :tut: :sad: Hoping Verlander gets it right today.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, when I looked at the score & saw they were up 5-0 over the Astros so I just kept scrolling on by. Couldn't care less about the Fankees. 3rd highest payroll overall in the majors but the highest payroll of any team in the playoffs. And their fans? Well, if you can't say anything nice about someone... :rotflmao: 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, when I looked at the score & saw they were up 5-0 over the Astros so I just kept scrolling on by. Couldn't care less about the Fankees. 3rd highest payroll overall in the majors but the highest payroll of any team in the playoffs. And their fans? Well, if you can't say anything nice about someone... :rotflmao:

...Just do a Glenn.  :moon:           :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: Yeah, they're  really good at being  :evil: :puke:    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
JV got it done, Astro's win :cool: :happybounce: :party1:        :crazy: game!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Evil Empire was finally defeated :applause: & I get my wish a Houston/Washington WS. :happybounce: :party1: :cool:
« Last Edit: October 10/20/19, 06:53:41 PM by Gunner55 »