Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: fishing~  (Read 1166 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
its what we do but why do shore fishermen cast out as far as they can? when big fish lurk in the shallows...
 oops trail cam shot.my bad....

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/10/19, 12:14:11 PM by snow1 »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's about right.  You launch your boat at the landing and buzz off far away to fish.  Your in the boat and you cast to shore.  Your on shore you cast out as far as you can.  I have caught many fish from shore at or near boat landings.  This past Monday my brother and I fished below the Whiteface Reserviour  Dam near Duluth.  There I cought small pike withing 4 feet from shore.  My brother did get one around 8 pounds but it was over 30 inches and up there you have to throw it back.  Would have thrown it back anyway.  Some small walleyes also.  So yes, you don't have to cast out far all the time.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Fish should be moving into deep stuff now. And yes, all the sunnies and crappies we caught week before last were about 20' from shore in 10" of water...

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.  Funny thing was my brother and I got more off shore that in the boat the next day.  We went to places we fished as kids.  Nothing much have changed.  There used to be a campground on the Whiteface River up there below the dam.  That's gone, but the pools are still there.  You are right Reb about some of the fish going deeper this time of the year.  Some of the places I get walleye's in the spring are full of smallmouth now, and come fall the walleye's come back in.  The cycle continues.  Nothing much changes except we are getting older.  good luck

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
you guyz are spot on,dang smallies! they rule the roost and can desimate a year class of walleye fry in one spring.