Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sons new patio door is in  (Read 2185 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We started after the rain yesterday.  It was not without issues but it's done.  First problem was removing old door without disturbing the existing siding.  Very hard to cut the flanges and not the J channel siding.  Second issue, the new door was 3/4 inch too wide. Turns out not all 72X80 patio doors are the same.  After some research and a few calls (Menards said we had to special order one for $1100).  The one we had cost $380.  Found a 72X80 at Lowes that was 3/4 inch narrower than the one he bought.  I put the sill tape on the bottom and other water preventions on the sides while my son made the trip for the new door.  It was a very tight squeeze but we got it in before dark.  Today we finished the out side and replaced the inside trim. This was a bit of an issue because this door was 1/2 inch higher than the one we removed.  At any rate, it's all done properly now and looks great as well. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How much do you charge?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I only work for free. No one could afford me.  I do great work, but am way too slow to make money at it.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect, be at my place tomorrow.  I won't pay you much so I don't irritate you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Can ya be down in CAWchester in a week or so?  :rotflmao: