Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: meat tenderizer  (Read 6604 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never tried it with ground meat, only on cheaper cuts of beef like chuck steak, arm steak, and bottom sirloin.  I rinse it off before adding spices and cooking it.  With ground beef it may be the fat content.  The leaner it is the texture get's worse as far as I'm concerned.  For burgers 80/20 is the best in my opinion or better yet 100% ground chuck [usually found in service cases].  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Best softener is a touch of vinegar, like apple cider, a good marinade, and a slow cook over low heat, covered, with liquid.   :happy1:

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
this is the one the wife calls the weapon

[attachment deleted by admin]
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I seen that one in a ad.  They also have one like that that injects a marinade at the same time.  good luck.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
this is the one the wife calls the weapon

He's doin' it wrong...

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
boy i dont know... i really thjnk this is the one i want

[attachment deleted by admin]
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
What kinda grub you need one of them fer anyhow boarski? We gots to know  :confused:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Baking soda makes a difference

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a cube steak maker to me.  You run the meat through more than once.  At least that's what we did when we made cube steak.    But it's not for running a bnls strip steak through for example unless you want to make it into a cube steak.  And the meat usually can't be very thick to make it through there.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Explain to me...why would anyone want to buy a cube steak, anyway? They make me think of those tenderized pork cutlets my Mom used to cook in mushroom soup... boy, I didn't like those things! Seems they'd been run through a tenderizer or something..:tongue:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/19, 06:48:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is a whole different thing than I thought you wanted...  cube steak coming up   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Explain to me...why would anyone want to buy a cube steak, anyway? They make me think of those tenderized pork cutlets my Mom used to cook in mushroom soup... boy, I didn't like those things! Seems they'd been run through a tenderizer or something..:tongue:

Man that sounds good to me Rebs.  Lots' of gravy soaking into that poked piece of meat.  Maybe some mashed spuds or some veggies to us trying to limit starchs.  Yum Yum and I mean it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems Mom made those a lot, but I just didn't like 'em. I did like the mashed taters and mushroom gravy, though.  :azn:
« Last Edit: July 07/17/19, 10:21:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we were kids pork was a lot greasier than it is now too.  I do remember I didn't like pork roasts as a kid.  They were so greasy.  Now I love them.  And I realized recently that I would rather have sliced pork than pulled pork. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
When we were kids pork was a lot greasier than it is now too.  I do remember I didn't like pork roasts as a kid.  They were so greasy.  Now I love them.  And I realized recently that I would rather have sliced pork than pulled pork.

I like grease a lot more as an adult than I did as a kid.  But our pork came from my uncle's running hogs. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I like grease a lot more as an adult than I did as a kid.  But our pork came from my uncle's running hogs.

Keeps ya regular?   ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just remembered something Boar.  Maybe it has been mentioned.  When my buddies went to meat cutting school in Pipestone their instructor told them to help tenderize a tough piece of meat to smother it in Italian dressing.  So we would take goose breasts and put them in a zip loc bag and pour a whole bottle of dressing on them and put in the frig for a week.  It did make them better.  Used to love goose hunting but it was a lot of work chewing those tough breasts. Should work even better on beef or pork or venny.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, eyetalian goosed boobies?  :shocked:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a lot of breast talk there wasn't there???