Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: sweet corn  (Read 9883 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
but all said and done I do see why you were too!!!!  well done!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I go to another one. Her corn is chewy.   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I go to another one. Her corn is chewy.   :rotflmao:

that is too old for corn for sure... sweeter the better!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 I don't think their corn is the "True" candy corn, like I mentioned earlier. Had it a couple times from there; not impressed. There's one truck that always parks by Walmart, and gets there early in the am...the corn is still cool and damp. That's when ya buy it...not after a day in the sun.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know where sweet corn is planted, it's a help yourself field!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I know where sweet corn is planted, it's a help yourself field!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

now you are like Lee????!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Does Dotch have a stash growing somewhere that we should know about?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Does Dotch have a stash growing somewhere that we should know about?
sworn to secrecy!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok Glenn let the cat out of the bag.  We now know it is Dotch that has a secret field growing.  SO exactly where is all we need to squeeze out of Glenn.  He'll cave in and tell us. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We'll get it outta him, and make him share, or it's curtains!!!!  :evil:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my candy cawn today! Goin' for $7 a dozen here. I got 4 nice ears for $2.  :smiley: The kid said they sell most of theirs to a big corn place up north....I forgot the name of it. He said the corn was really doing good this year. Nice Kid. I like farm folk. Dressed in T shirt and jeans, short hair, and sitting on back of truck with NO IPHONE. Friendly. My kinda people.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/31/19, 04:23:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna get me some too...   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On my errand list was getting sweet corn from the neighbor/customer/sheep shearer. Got there shortly after it was picked this a.m. and promptly put it in the fridge. $5 a dozen. It's Round Up Ready sweet corn so you have to be careful if you pee in the yard!  :azn:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good. I bought 4 ears from a guy who had a stand in New Richland yesterday and it was good. He had some nice tomatoes too so I bought a couple from him.
Also bought half a bucket of cukes from Ed's produce on the way home. The warden made em into refrigerator pickles. YUM!
« Last Edit: August 08/03/19, 01:27:54 PM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Is Ed's the place east of the landfill SE of town? I got's a hankerin' fer some fresh cukes one of these days... :happy1:

I see they're sampling the neighbor's pea field pretty intensely. They told me to go get some when they're harvesting if I want. Did that once and that was enough. By the time I got all the dirt out of them it was a lot of work. Much easier to buy them on sale in the store!  :bonk:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/19, 01:38:50 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup that's the place. Great cukes, little rough on the atmosphere.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, he used to have one of the damndest thistle patches I've ever seen!  :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Cukes are great though. He picked them while we waited. Can't get any fresher than that.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I gots to eat it the day I get it...feel puttin' it in da fridge makes it lose something, like folks that put fresh 'maters in the 'fridge... :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/19, 03:25:25 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dat's what was so frustrating about the spring we had. Too wet to put anything in the ground every time I had a spare minute to work it up &/or plant it. I prefer fresh out of my own garden and we should have 'maters & string beans. No squash, cukes or melons tho. :sad: Bob's sweet corn is good but your best bet is to get it in the morning when it's picked rather than after it sits out all day. I miss not having our own sweet corn patch with several varieties & planting dates. As Art said, doesn't get much fresher than that. Maters in the fridge? Dat's sacrilege!  :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always told my Mom that. She said I was fulla  s__t.  :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup. When I have some left over after a meal I will put the slices in the fridge. However, the only way I can tolerate them the next day is with copious amounts of COTTAGE CHEESE!!!!  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes! That is a standard requirement. Or chunked up in a lettuce salad.  :smiley:.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed when I was at Walfart getting some more bacon'n cheddar brat patties (Got the last two!) that they were bringing out big boxes of sweet corn, and it was labeled from some farm in St Cloud, MN..... :shocked:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife just got a dozen from Coburns in Big Lake.  They get it from a farm near Foley.   19 Cents an ear or $2.28 a dozen.  It looks great. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Our local sweet corn farmer just started selling it this week.  I haven't had any yet but hope to soon.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife just got a dozen from Coburns in Big Lake.  They get it from a farm near Foley.   19 Cents an ear or $2.28 a dozen.  It looks great.

And it's $7 dozen here!!!!!!  Need to earn union wages to buy it!! :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/19, 06:25:30 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:mooning: :mooning: I'm getting some next weekend. # bucks a dozen, peaches and cream. :mooning: take that sucka! :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:mooning: :mooning: I'm getting some next weekend. # bucks a dozen, peaches and cream. :mooning: take that sucka! :rotflmao:

Are these boaranese figures? :scratch:  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :rotflmao: yep. 2 $$$$$$$ a dozen