Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORTS LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JULY 14TH THRU JULY 29TH 2019  (Read 1433 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I got behind on these reports since the 14th so I will catch up with this up dated run down. The fishing both on Sharpe and Oahe got tougher after a real big storm moved thru the area. High winds made a lot of muddy waters on both Oahe and Sharpe making for a tougher bite. The fish on Oahe have moved out of the shallow water for the most part and we are catching them in around 17 fow out to 30 fow most days. Limits are still coming in for experienced angler but most are having to work hard many days to fill bags. I guided John Chuck and Wayne long time repeat customers to full possession limits of walleye along with several other groups including helping Dave Spaid with the Thunder Basin ford group and just did the first day with the Allan Ellan Buckley and grandson family also long time repeat customers. We caught limits of nice walleye northern and smallmouth along with a couple of catfish so they had a nice start to their trip. Caught these fish on bouncer plain hook crawler rigs in around 23 fow out to 30 fow . Great family and we are all having fun. I haven't been down on Sharpe but I have heard the bite is a little tougher at west bend with crawler spinner rigs the preferred method. Fish there are a little deeper also. This has been a very good year over all for average size fish on Oahe. The fish are fat and healthy with tons of bait fish all over. Hot summer days so lots of gator aide /water a must. The flies are around so bug spray along with long pants are preferable. If you want to go out in shorts bring a pair of slip on long pants in the boat. There are times that you will be glad you have them along. You can catch the walleye many different ways with minnows leeches and plug fishing all working. Boat ramps are still busy but on the water it isn't as noticeable due to the high water. There is plenty of water to fish so boats can get spread out if they want to.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch