Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Guess the cost contest.  (Read 2832 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just for fun, I'm starting a "guess the cost" contest.  I'm not sure of a prize or even if there will be any other than "I won".  The winner will be the MNO member that comes closest to the total cost to do the work I described in my serious machinery topic.  In order to prevent people from putting in a guess $1 over or under another, please PM me with your guess.  I will post them all once the work is done and the bill is paid.  I just spoke to the guy and he is bringing equipment there today and will start tomorrow.  Post any questions here so everyone gets the same information. 

Here is what is being done.

The trail is currently just wide enough to squeeze through and even at that there is a lot of branches and brush dragging on the side and top of the pickup.  The trail is 500 yards long.  So, by the math that's roughly an acre of trees ranging from 4 - 12 inches most are 30-40 feet tall.  Plan is to use a track hoe to move all rocks outside the mulching zone, fell top and skid all marketable timber to a field, fell and mulch tops, smaller trees, brush and stumps.  I don't know what it will cost but I'm sure it will be a pretty big hit to the pocket book.
« Last Edit: August 08/13/19, 03:27:58 PM by deadeye »
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Who is felling the trees, you or the people you are hiring?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The people with the mulcher also have a feller buncher and will cut top and skid out to the field all trees they feel are marketable.  Probably 1/4 of the road has mature aspen.  The remaining 3/4ths was clear cut about 30 years ago.  Maybe about 20% of these will be skidded to the field and the remaining trees, stumps and tree tops will be mulched on the spot.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It took three days to complete (30 hours).  I had to site down to write out the check to pay for it.  All the guesses so far are low, some very low.  It cost more than expected due to the rocks in the way as they needed to be cleared prior to mulching brush trees and stumps.  If you put in a guess feel free to guess again but do make it higher.   :rotflmao:
I will post the cost tomorrow sometime. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ok, I got over the shock and can now post the cost of work I had done. 

"$11,950"

I know that's a chunk but, I must admit that they did a great job.  I really like what they did and how it turned out but I wouldn't mind if it cost a little less.   :pouty:

dakids must be watching my bank account as his $12,000 guess was off a mere $50.

Boar came in second with a close $11500 guess.

LPS rounded out the top three with $9000.     

Now it's on to phase two -  The road...….

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's only math.  What comes in has to cover what goes out.  AND it is a one time thing for that project.  Now it is done and you can look at phase 2.  No longer have to think about phase 1 cuz it's done.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  Great improvement!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
 :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a chunk of change.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
That's a lot of money!!!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After a long well fought telephone, text, and other verbal assaults, I finally got the guy to relent and return 10% of the cost to me.  This is because he has for the past 6 months advertised in the Outdoor News offering a 10% summer (now fall) discount on land clearing.  I will not go into the details here but I was able to finally push the right buttons to get him to give me the 10% discount. 

New final cost was.  $10,775

Looks like that bumps dakids out of the lead and makes Boar the winner.
He gets the same prize ad dakids got.  :rotflmao:

dakids must be watching my bank account as his $12,000 guess was off a mere $50.

Boar now is in first place with a close $11500 guess.

LPS rounded out the top three with $9000.     

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderful!  Always nice to get a good deal!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
whooohooo! another win!!  id likento thank all the little people that made this possible. glenn, for know well enough, dadkids, for knowing more than glenn and last but not least the big man himself, Mr Lucky, Mr, big Buck, Mr Dead eye himself, The tru Wack Master! ...thanks toneveryone for makingbthis possible!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
whooohooo! another win!!  id likento thank all the little people that made this possible. glenn, for know well enough, dadkids, for knowing more than glenn and last but not least the big man himself, Mr Lucky, Mr, big Buck, Mr Dead eye himself, The tru Wack Master! ...thanks toneveryone for makingbthis possible!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are welcome sir!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doah: :doah: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

he must be under the bleachers smokin dope again!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :doofus: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!