Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer regulation question  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't have my regulation book yet but here is the deal.  I have been hunting in the same area since the late 60's.  Now its a different area number but still the same place.  We are bucks only this year.  My brother's friend [another retired cop] had a group of hunters hunt in another area about 30 miles from where I hunt.  He and his guy's bought some land further south so he is going to show my brother where he hunts [public land].  Kind of the same deal we have where we hunt.  Public land, we set up our stands for years and never get bothered by other hunters.  Last season my brothers friend passed on 15 bucks.

So if I buy my licence for his area, can I still hunt my area keeping in mine in my area it's bucks only, but the other area I can get a lottery tag.  My brother tells me I can and I tend to believe him but still haven't verified it.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:  You have options RH.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The simple answer is yes, you can use your license anywhere in the state that has an open season. Note: as a rule you can only tag one buck regardless of licenses you buy.   That said, most "areas" have some special regs such as lottery, managed, etc.  You can with your license, buy a bonus tag for areas that allow it or buy one and apply for the lottery if the area has that.  Simple huh.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Can you shoot 3  bucks in zone 3. 1 bow, 1 shotgun, and 1 muzzle loader?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Deadeye, I appreciate it.  good luck.