Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A Feel Good Story!  (Read 1940 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
This is a true story about a good deed!

Today during one of my weekly trips to Walmart I instinctively walked through the fishing isle with no intention of buying anything. While blankly staring at the poorly stocked fishing gear I noticed a young man staring at a children’s fishing pole. As I stroll through the isle I hear a faint voice ask “excuse me, what is $12 minus $8” I turn around and answer the little dude and say: “It’s $4”

The shy little man sadly bowed his head, shoved a handful of crumpled ones back in his pocket and put the pole back on the rack.

I then start to converse with him asking what he was trying to buy and what exactly he was fishing for. He was very quiet and wasn’t sure what exactly he needed for “small fish” so I start to give him some of the limited knowledge I had to offer.

After a very short conversation it was apparent he just wanted enough gear to go fishing so I ask him what he would buy if he had money. He quickly replied “that ugly stick” while pointing at a packaged ugly stick with a small tackle box containing panfish tackle. I told him ok get it then!!! With sadness in his voice he said “I don’t have enough money” I quickly replied: “don’t worry I’m getting it for you”

The excitement on his face is something I will never forget, and the feeling I felt knowing I was giving a young child the opportunity to go out and enjoy a sport I have soo much passion for is truly humbling.

Let’s keep kids out fishing and off their damn game consoles. Even more importantly, let’s keep them out in nature and off the streets!!!

Fish on Fam!!!!! 🎣🎣🎣🐟🐠🐟

Credit to Marcus Zamora

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Way to friggin' go, HD!  Ya got me all choked up, dang it!!!!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
AWESOME HD!! :Clap: :kingscourt: :happybounce: :happybounce:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you do this HD?  Or the Zamora guy?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I did not do this... It was a guy that way shopping at Wally World....
They guy's name is at the end of the post.....

BUT...,.I would'a!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

BUT...,.I would'a!

:happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I wouldn't of. That snotty nose little brats dad could go out and get a job and pay for his own kids stuff. :confused: :confused:

Ok I was just kidding. Admiral at best!! :happy1: think I would do the same. That smile says it all!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

BUT...,.I would'a!
:oops1: Thought you meant it was you. :bonk: :confused: Still a  :cool: story, & we need more of it. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
What an awesome story.