Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Feeling Wild?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You Need Bacon Bourbon Apple Jello Shots in Your Life Right Now

These bacon bourbon apple Jello shots won't rub your shoulders after a long day, or wrap you in a warm blanket on a cold winter night, but they're practically the next best thing.

If you've had a successful wild boar hunt, your marks have all been right on target, and you're looking for a fancy way to celebrate in semi-backwoods fashion, this is the treat for you. The flavors of a pig roasting in an open pit, fresh-pressed apples, and a bourbon chaser will leave a good taste in your mouth.

Author Julie Espy from the cooking website Bread, Booze, and Bacon is credited for this ramekin of deliciousness and pure delight. You may want to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for taking this medicine. It may also cause dizziness, weight gain, and impair your ability to operate heavy machinery. With that being said, the FDA has not yet approved the statements that this will "cure what ails ya."

The following list of ingredients will create about a dozen bacon bourbon apple Jello shots.

Bacon Bourbon:
2 strips bacon, cooked crispy and broken into large chunks
5 ounces good bourbon (I used Woodford Reserve)
Jello Shots:
1 tablespoon (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin
¼ cup cold water
½ cup boiling water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ cup apple juice
12 two ounce plastic cups with lids
Candied Bacon:
3 to 4 strips bacon
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ teaspoon cayenne
Once you've gone into the wild to collect your boar and grabbed some bourbon from the liquor store, head over to Bread, Booze, and Bacon for complete instructions on how to prepare apple bourbon bacon bombs for you and your guests at your next dinner party, or for the Super Bowl.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just give me the booze and a couple ice cubes....   And I'll eat the rest as a sandwich....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks and sounds great!  Not sure if the wife will make it for me or not.  Sounds like Del ain't gonna make it for us.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually I am with Del on this one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'll help with the bacon!  :smiley: