Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: what ur most favorite zausage to make.  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
if you could only make 1 sausage typenwhat would it be.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
With venison I'm going with polish, 50 - 50 with pork and a splash of fennel in it. No one else likes fennel so it's more for sausage for me.   :happy1:
mm

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Venison jalapeno cheddar brats
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be polish for me too 50-50 with pork.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to agree with the polish..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
cool. courious cause imngonna be making some bear sausage soon, and dintnwhant allnthe fancynrecipes, just basic to bring out the taste of the meat
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
With venison I'm going with polish, 50 - 50 with pork and a splash of fennel in it. No one else likes fennel so it's more for sausage for me.   :happy1:

Fennel?  Bring it!  :happy1:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
if you could only make 1 sausage typenwhat would it be.
the kind a get from someone else!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a hard one.  For me it's Polish sausage with extra garlic and mustard seeds.  All pork butt with no added far.  Half course ground and half medium ground.  I now add 3 tablespoons of crushed red pepper flakes to 25 pounds.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well looks like polish wins! reiny do you apply yur own seasonings, or dobyu get a kit
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I know you asked RH, but we use the mix from Thielens meat market in Little Falls. Just tell them how big of batch and they mix it up for you if you are going that way. I have had them ship it to me also. Good stuff.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they do make a darn good sausage there...

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
thanks Jb i think ill do that!!
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: you just gonna have someone else make it for ya too!! :doofus: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: SHEEZ!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Morning buddy  :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Boar, I get my seasonings from Curley's Sausage Kitchen.  I don't use the kits.  Not that it's a bad idea but I just get the seasonings and add stuff to it.  Good on it's own but I got this thing for extra garlic and mustard seeds that I add extra.  Sometimes crushed red pepper also.  I get the seasonings for 25 lbs.  Will do that for give aways like for deer camp.  But lately I've been getting the seasonings for a 10 pound batch of different kinds. For home use and to give some to friends.  Easier for me to make and less time.  I get my own casings from the local store here as I need them. 

If your happy with the seasonings you are using now keep using them.  Experiment with adding things to the batches like onions, jalapenos and high temp cheese for example.  Add some more heat with crushed red pepper to a point where you notice the heat but at the same time that heat doesn't overtake the flavor of the sausage.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
K so i'll have to admit...………...and this WILL freakin hurt. I've had some of boars goodies......and it actually is pretty good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes he does, I really enjoyed his products he sent me last winter!!!!!     :happy1:

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's a tough question, but I'd probably go with my Smoked Spicy Maple Sausage (Recipe on this form somewhere from a year or two ago).  Found a basic recipe on the internet and tweaked/added to it for my liking.  Was trying to emulate a local meat market's recipe and ended up creating something a little different and I think I like it even more!  It doesn't last long and when I have it in supply, I eat about a third of a ring everyday with breakfast, everyday until it's gone and never get sick of it.

If you're not big on spice, cut the crushed red pepper in half.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
aww shuckies glenn, yu do love me buddy!! i know that hurt, i heard u scream up here. yeah thers nuthi g wron g with the kits. i bought a new scale from LEM, so i can get more acurate on my meat weight. i love garlic. probably will steep the garlic this time also.  thanks guys!
78.50"