Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cranberry Moonshine  (Read 2879 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
RECIPES

If you're drinking old school, there's nothing like a Cape Cod (cranberry juice, vodka and a squeeze of lime). But there's something even better than a Cape Cod, and that's our cranberry moonshine. By itself or as a cocktail mixer, this tart and sweet moonshine recipe is one you'll love all through the winter. As pretty as it is tasty, try serving it at your end of year holiday parties. It also makes a lovely hostess gift.

Your first step is to combine two cups of fresh cranberries, 1/4 cup sugar (white sugar works best in this recipe), and the same amount of water. Cook the mixture for about five minutes, or until the sugar dissolves. Let it cool about 20 minutes, or until it's room temperature. Then carefully pour both the cranberry syrup mixture and the bottle of moonshine into a large mason jar (two jars, if you need them).

The cranberry and moonshine mix needs three days to infuse, so let the jar sit in a cool, dark spot (not in the refrigerator) for that long. Then strain the liquid through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the cranberries. Pour the moonshine into a clean mason jar (or several if you're giving some of it away) and store it in the refrigerator for up to two months. When you're ready to serve your infused moonshine, make a cranberry moonshine cocktail by mixing equal amounts of the cranberry moonshine and ginger ale.

Cranberry Moonshine

INGREDIENTS
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 750 ml bottle moonshine
To Make 1 Drink
3 oz cranberry moonshine
3 oz ginger ale
INSTRUCTIONS
In a small saucepan combine the cranberries, sugar, and water and heat until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Let cool about 20 minutes.

To a jar add the cranberry syrup and the moonshine, stirring to combine. Cover and let the moonshine infuse for three days at room temperature. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, discarding the cranberries. Transfer the moonshine to a clean jar and keep in the fridge for up to 2 months.

To Make 1 Drink
In a glass filled with ice combine the moonshine with ginger ale. Garnish with a lime if desired.

NOTES
If the moonshine doesn't fit in one jar, divide the mixture evenly between several jars. If fresh cranberries are not available, use frozen cranberries.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man that sounds good!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That does look good. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I would think Vodka or Rum would also work

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I would think Vodka or Rum would also work
:happy1: I get a Cranberry & Raspberry concentrate at the Super One up here that I like with my Vodka, Del. :drinking:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Should add those soaked cranberries from that concoction to the Thanksgiving stuffing. Watch granny do the friggin' boogaloo.  :party1:
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 08:43:08 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds good Gunner!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Old Orchard, if'n you wanna try it.
« Last Edit: October 10/17/19, 06:22:50 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
My wife mixed her vodka with a cran-rasberry juice to. Was to sweet for me.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you purchase bottles of unflavored moonshine? Is there a brand name? Or are we talking Everclear?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes you can.   Basically raw whiskey.  Corn Liquor.   

More expensive than Vodka or Rum for some reason.     Must be a novelty item.  I have seen it in the liquor store. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they brew some in Osakis.. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife mixed her vodka with a cran-rasberry juice to. Was to sweet for me.
:happy1: I use a little more water than recommended with mine.