Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Food!  (Read 5674 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew that would get you!  This is some stuff that I have been too lazy to post.  One is of the pot roast with the RH gravy.  Perfect Chuck roast.  One is the Tater Top Hot Dish with Lipton onion soup etc.  I always put cheese on top for the last 20 minutes of the cook.  THEN the mushrooms.  DK is kind of a mushroom expert so I hope he sees this.  This looks like a puffball in shape a ?????   LOL    Is it poisonous? AND I have tried a couple types of Kimchi and this is by far the tastiest.  Little heat lot of flavor

Sorry, click on the pictures cuz I didn't edit some of them. 
« Last Edit: October 10/16/19, 06:02:41 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin good!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
All looks great!!!  If you ever want to make your own kimchi check out this site.  http://www.Maangchi.com  She is the best.  This is how I make my own kimchi.  good luck.
« Last Edit: October 10/16/19, 06:55:36 PM by Reinhard »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

You had me until the unknown yard shrooms!  :crazy:  Puffballs are, well balls!   Please keep posting once an hour so we know how long it takes to die after eating them?  :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/16/19, 07:28:09 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

You had me until the unknown yard shrooms!  :crazy:    Please keep posting once an hour so we know how long it takes to die after eating them?  :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't tried one yet.   :sleazy:  Last year I brought some into the DNR and they said they would get right back to me.  Still haven't heard from them.  I even ask them why and they just smile.  They are afraid of mushrooms I guess.  I am kind of too.  That's why I asked youse guys. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't tried one yet.   :sleazy:  Last year I brought some into the DNR and they said they would get right back to me.  Still haven't heard from them.  I even ask them why and they just smile.  They are afraid of mushrooms I guess.  I am kind of too.  That's why I asked youse guys.

They didn't get back to you because they probably thought you were already Dead!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Man, I'd never trust myself to pick mushrooms....too scary! I'll settle for berry pickin'.  :smiley:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Same here. While I've had some exposure to edible wild mushrooms (not just the hallucinogenic type) with people who knew what they were doing & part of my work involves fungal plant pathogens, afraid I know just enough to be damn good and dangerous.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But, you depend on Aunty Mar-mar for nannyberry ID, right?   :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Actually I've been eating those purple "berries" since I was a kid. Probably explains a lot of things... :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O69L2mO9y-4
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Haven't got sick one time....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
But ya had a heckuva few good trips?  :smoking:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Found these guys a couple of years ago on the edge of my woods. Didn't eat them. Did drink the beer though.
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy cripes!!!! I think those are alien pods!!!!!!!!!!!  Run!!!!  🏃‍♂️ (Drink the Hamm's first)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Pretty sure they are shaggy manes(sp).  Never eaten them.  They dont last to long. Rot very fast.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey thanks DK.  That is exactly what they were.  Had them on the path to the river in a couple of spots.  Probably 10 of them in all.  The biggest one was maybe 5 or 6 inches.  SO I could have brought them right up to the house and sauteed them in butter. They were only there for a few of days.   Can't wait to see them again.  We also have the ones right below them that are close to them.  I will let you all know when I eat them so Leech will know why I am not on here anymore..... :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The one similar to it but easy to distinguish is here also with all of this wet too.  It says if you have alcohol with your meal you will get very sick.  It also says if you drink alcohol within 2 or 3 days you can still get sick.  WON'T be eating any of those....    You want em Rebs?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Na, not me.....I'd be afraid I'd turn into Mr Hyde....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Na, not me.....I'd be afraid I'd turn into Mr Hyde....

oh no!!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just mix them all together and hope the good ones fix the bad ones. :rotflmao:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That last one is a smurf mushroom, no doubt...............

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No wild fungus picking fer me either,  the in laws found out the hard way of eating some on an empty stomach with alcohol... stopping lots to  :puke: along  the way to the clinic.. :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No wild fungus picking fer me either,  the in laws found out the hard way of eating some on an empty stomach with alcohol... stopping lots to  :puke: along  the way to the clinic.. :crazy:

O man...they come out OK?!! The only ones I pick look like this...

« Last Edit: October 10/19/19, 08:12:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: me to Reb. :happy1: we have a mushroom place just up the road and never stop there. I gotta get that on my bucket list. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: me to Reb. :happy1: we have a mushroom place just up the road and never stop there. I gotta get that on my bucket list. :happy1:

what do ya mean, they grow them there?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Where does it say that?  :scratch: