Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Dogs ta track wounded?  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  Hunters can use leashed dogs to track wounded deer or bear.

:police: .....
A hunting regulations change allows Minnesota hunters to use a leashed dog to locate and retrieve a wounded deer or bear.

:coffee: ........
The person attempting to locate the animal must have a valid license to take the deer or bear, or the dog handler must be accompanied by a hunter with a valid license. People must wear blaze orange/pink. Any light used must be an artificial light carried in the hand or attached to the person. The dog must be on a leash no longer than 30 feet and the dog owner or handler must physically control the leash at all times. Finally, the dog owner�s name and telephone number must be on the dog while it�s being used to locate a wounded deer or bear.

:popcorn: ....
These requirements can be found on page 61 of the Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations book.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

A hunting regulations change allows Minnesota hunters to use a leashed dog to locate and retrieve a wounded deer or bear.

The person attempting to locate the animal must have a valid license to take the deer or bear, or the dog handler must be accompanied by a hunter with a valid license. People must wear blaze orange/pink. Any light used must be an artificial light carried in the hand or attached to the person. The dog must be on a leash no longer than 30 feet and the dog owner or handler must physically control the leash at all times. Finally, the dog owner�s name and telephone number must be on the dog while it�s being used to locate a wounded deer or bear.

These requirements can be found on page 61 of the Minnesota Hunting and Trapping Regulations book.
yea i'm not so sure i want any dog of mine getting used to tracking or chasing a deer or bear. that could lead the dogs into chasing them moving forward.

just hit the dang animal with a killing shot. not pick it up on the road like boar!!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service

yea i'm not so sure i want any dog of mine getting used to tracking or chasing a deer or bear. that could lead the dogs into chasing them moving forward.

just hit the dang animal with a killing shot. not pick it up on the road like boar!!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:doah:       :tut:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The light must be held by hand or attached to the person.  What other kind are there?  Oh I suppose headlights on vehicles.  Never mind...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The light must be held by hand or attached to the person.  What other kind are there?  Oh I suppose headlights on vehicles.  Never mind...

:whistling:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AHA!!   THE light!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
How about a heat seeking drone. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I never could understand why you can't track a wounded animal. Stoopid.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rebel SS, I don't think it's and issue with actually tracking a wounded deer but more of and issue for abuse. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, in this day and age.....missed that point.