Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Oooh, that's a hot pepper!  (Read 16199 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup they were the great places to go eat and it was a big deal and a treat to go there.  Crackling steak delivered with great sides and great servers too.  Everyone was happy.  At least I thought so.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
What was that place in the cities that had the butter knife steaks?? O wait, Eddie Websters...is that still there? I think in Bloomington?

I know Murrays has a butter knife steak, too..
It was Murrays, not Eddie webster.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also remember Stuart Andersons Cattle Company.  That was a fun place to go. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess we got way off track on this subject.  I may have had cherry peppers on my salad at Stuart Andersons. 

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I got it! See above!  :azn: Memory still works. Sometimes.
 I just looked at Murray's menu...holy cripes....butterknife steak for two.....$105... :shocked: :censored: :doah:

Dang, looks like the wife an't goin!   :azn:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Unless she just wants a bite of your salad. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I guess we got way off track on this subject.  I may have had cherry peppers on my salad at Stuart Andersons.

Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers......what kind did Peter Piper Pick? Musta been Ghost peppers,  they killed him.  :shocked:  :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After hearing Sid Hartman give away all those Silver Butterknife steak certificates on 'CCO over the years I had to have one. And no I wasn't the one buying! It was just OK, the sizzle was better than the steak unfortunately.  :huh:

Back on the hot peppers and what possesses someone to raise them: I used to get leftover stuff they were gonna toss when the wife was doing the greenhouse thing. I'd plant them just to see how they grew and how potent they'd get. I didn't get the higher end scoville unit stuff but each variety had a little different m.o. when it came to how they grew and how nasty they got. They were prolific as well. Gave away many grocery bags full over the years. After getting the soil test back a few days ago it was no wonder. Bray P 1 phosphorous levels over 200 ppm, K levels ~300 ppm & zinc at 7.2 ppm. Been a long time since I dumped manure on the small garden so was thinking about coating it again. No need.

There is a variety called Mexibell I grew one time that I need to get some seed for again and start myself. Looked like a bell pepper & while not a flamethrower, had a nice bite to it. Can't help but think they'd make great stuffed peppers.  :scratch:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! I grew those one year! Bonnie plants has them.....sold at Walfart! I loved 'em, but couldn't find 'em after the one year that I grew 'em. I used 'em in everything, some nice heat but no bite. Grew 'em in 5 gal pails. Did great. They were terrific  in my chili.  :happy1:

https://bonnieplants.com/product/mexibell-pepper/

Yup, ya never know what's gonna turn up with peppers... :whistling:
« Last Edit: October 10/24/19, 10:05:03 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey reb,nice turtle neck sweater on that little guy. ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: October 10/24/19, 10:26:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I find that the peppers really do like 5 gal pails on the deck...seems the hotter the surroundings, the better they do. These were all off my pail pepper plants...the small green ones are the Mexibell, Dotch.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Found that recipe for chicky with peppers...posted it in the recipe thread..................

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! I grew those one year! Bonnie plants has them.....sold at Walfart! I loved 'em, but couldn't find 'em after the one year that I grew 'em. I used 'em in everything, some nice heat but no bite. Grew 'em in 5 gal pails. Did great. They were terrific  in my chili.  :happy1:

May be Del will like this one since it's such a small little Scoville?   :mooning:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :laughroll:  We could call him the "Scoville Kid"..... :evil:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/wp734SDJC2E
« Last Edit: October 10/25/19, 12:07:07 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

May be Del will like this one since it's such a small little Scoville?   :mooning:   :rotflmao:

I'd put on the rubber gloves and chop that thing up....    Lay it on the table.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Excellent article of capsaicin mouth peanuts, Dotcheroo!.   :tongue: