Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sore back and tired arms but the cannas are dug  (Read 7737 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Thanks guys. Guess I'll make do with my patch of purple Iris's.... :undecided:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gee, I bet you could get the neighbor lady to bend over and dig them cannas fer ya while you sat back & enjoyed the view!  :sleazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Gee, I bet you could get the neighbor lady to bend over and dig them cannas fer ya while you sat back & enjoyed the view!  :sleazy:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: deres dat seks ting again............. SICKO!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Huh? The blue sky and the falling leaves you little blue prevert!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Huh? The blue sky and the falling leaves you little blue prevert!  :rotflmao:
:scratch: :tut: :rolleyes: :super smiley: :super smiley: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:

yea right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :doofus: :doofus: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'm surprised the little feller didn't say "yea, so?"    :bonk: ;)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I usually dig them, let them lay on the ground for a day or so and then in the boxes they go.  Being it was so cold, I put them on the trailer for a day while I went hunting and then boxed them a day and a half later.  I just make a layer in the box, put in some paper and make another layer until the box is full.  I'm always a little worried they might rot but never had a problem. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya deadeye what I do is probably overkill. When it's wet the soil here tends to stick to everything including canna bulbs and soil probes due to the high clay content. We've had close to 6" of precip in October so I cussed it most of last week. I had issues storing the bulbs a couple years ago using newspaper to separate them in the unheated upstairs even tho the temps were never below freezing on the recording thermometer. The crawspace temp is more constant tho and it's drier than a popcorn fart under there. You gotta remember I've hung around a lot of plant pathology people over the past 40+ years so the disease triangle is ingrained behavior.  :bonk:
« Last Edit: October 10/28/19, 09:36:45 PM by Dotch »