Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Finaly got my own  (Read 3476 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Been using my brothers Wolf muzzleloader the past few years.  Well I liked it so much I got my own today.  Will be using it at the end of the month.  Accurate and easy to load.  I like easy.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hot dang!!!! I can smell the gun oil now!!!  Aahhhh.... :cheesy:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Reb.  Love those muzzloaders.  Like I said I've used my brothers and that thing is so accurate and easy to use.  One shot, so I make sure it's a kill shot or the deer lives on.  good luck.

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I will only shoot a CVA anymore.
Good gun
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I just wish they'd come in the nice box like they used to instead of that stoopid bubble-pak.  :angry:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i love muzzy hunting. i have 2 TC OMEGA's most accurat smoke pole  ive ever shot, they dont make em any more., welcome to smoke pole brother hood reiny Conneticut Veterens Arms are great units and accurate. have fun and good luck
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice RH!!  I too have TC and enjoy them!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the CVA Optima in stainless and love to shoot it. Sighting them in is just as much fun as hunting with them. Picture is from last fall.
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I also have the CVA Optima and love it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have three muzzleloaders.  One old one that uses the percussion cap which I don't use anymore (I will sell for $60 bucks with all the fixings), one CVA that I currently use and a Thompson Center Impact that has never been fired. 

Left to right, old CVA Percussion cap, newer CVA with 209 primer and never been fired Thompson Center Impact.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I have three muzzleloaders.  One old one that uses the percussion cap which I don't use anymore (I will sell for $60 bucks with all the fixings), one CVA that I currently use and a Thompson Center Impact that has never been fired. 

Left to right, old CVA Percussion cap, newer CVA with 209 primer and never been fired Thompson Center Impact.

so deadeye...........how many of them have you actually bought?????? or did you win them all in raffles!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i know where the horseshoe is planted!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good call glenn57.  I did win two of them.  :rotflmao:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
would ya sellbthe TC impact?
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boar, no I plan to use that in the future or perhaps one of my sons or grandson will use it.  I will sell the one on the left that uses the percussion cap. I have all the tools needed to keep it in working order along with caps and solvent etc.  Did I say $60, I meant $50.00. 

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
whats the brand of the onebbn on the left and how dose it shoot
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just found the name on the breach.  Knight - American Knight  50 Cal.  I killed a few deer with it so I guess it shoots fairly straight.  The reason I quit using it (other than I won the one I'm using now) is I didn't like fiddling with the tiny percussion caps.  Hard for my cold fat fingers to put the cap on the nipple. (I just couldn't help not saying that).  Also, as I came to find out like most percussion cap muzzleloaders, it occasionally does not fire and you have to put a new cap on the nipple. 

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
knight precussio  capped ML, thats from the beginging of the craze.just curious. thanks!!
78.50"