Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 359871 times)

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the kind words from everyone!!
I will teach Glen one way or another about bullheads!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

You have to keep in mind that he thinks those saber toothed snot rockets are the best tasting fish out there.   :rotflmao:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

You have to keep in mind that he thinks those saber toothed snot rockets are the best tasting fish out there.   :rotflmao:

Yeah and he pickles the damn things!  :mad1:  Fish are to be fryed or baked  :smoking:  See what I did there.  :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

:happy1: :happy1: next to a skin on sunfish... no truer words have been spoken! :bow:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman

I'm with Glenn on this one. I'll take a pike deep fried over a walleye anyday. But only if someone else is willing to keep and clean them. They are also really tasty  pickeled. I make several batches of pickeled Pike each winter. Everyone who trys them loves them.

Yeah and he pickles the damn things!  :mad1:  Fish are to be fryed or baked  :smoking:  See what I did there.  :scratch: :rotflmao:
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir fish thumper!!👍 I almost gave up pickling nords till you shared your recipe!!; I did tweek it a bit!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm with Glenn on this one. I'll take a pike deep fried over a walleye anyday. But only if someone else is willing to keep and clean them. They are also really tasty  pickeled. I make several batches of pickeled Pike each winter. Everyone who trys them loves them.

I do keep a couple a year to fry up as well.  But sure does not mean we are not going to raze Glenn about the only fish he can catch with a spear. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea scenic, not all those smoked fish I post have spear marks. :tut: :happy1: :stillfish: :fishing:

There's a pile caught in a boat.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I am very new here. By the way most post read it looks like poor Glenn needs help tuning his hunting and fishing skills.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I could totally coordinate some MNO gatherings! The IDO gatherings are always fun and I plan to do more there too! I should do a roll call post here and see abouts where everyone is! 😁🍻

Great idea Sharon. The GTG are always fun and the high light is always your baking.

Offline MNXplorer

• Minnow
Another new rollover from the IDO site here.
I'm up in the Cloquet area, and fish some out on Lake Superior and have spent alot of time camping/fishing out on the islands up in Voyageurs National Park, mostly on Namakan and East Rainy lakes.  Love the emoji choices here   :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm up in the Cloquet area, and fish some out on Lake Superior and have spent alot of time camping/fishing out on the islands up in Voyageurs National Park, mostly on Namakan and East Rainy lakes.  Love the emoji choices here   :rotflmao:

Welcome Xlporer nice to see some familiar faces over here. The emoji game here is pretty strong!   :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

John here by the way, they wouldn't let me be =John Rasmussen because John was taken.  :scratch: :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Welcome Xlporer nice to see some familiar faces over here. The emoji game here is pretty strong!   :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

John here by the way, they wouldn't let me be =John Rasmussen because John was taken.  :scratch: :confused:
Yea we can only handle one John  :mooning: :rotflmao:  J/K.

LIKE I explained over on IDO, I use the emojis alot. One never knows how someone may be interpreted via typed text either here or email. One would think with an emoji a person can figure out if he's being funny, serious or PO'ed.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: Emoji use.....................1 OF THE FEW THINGS...............I usually agree with glenn on.  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You will quickly figure it out on your own but we spend a lot of time here picking on Glenn, he seems to like it.  :confused:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome MNXplorer!  :dancinred: :Fish: 🦌
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Welcome Xplorer, the guys will enjoy your fishing and camping reports from Nam.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome Xplorer.   I am learning a bit of fishing on Superior and that Rainy is one of my favorites. I have fished more west of the Brule but have been on the east side as well. 
« Last Edit: November 11/30/23, 08:24:37 AM by Scenic »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you get another sled yet?   ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome! I'm sure you all know about Glenn so no warning is necessary.

Offline MNXplorer

• Minnow
Did you get another sled yet?   ;)
Hey Leech !!
    Nope, still sledless.  Have a wheeler that i can use but just not the same.  As I get older I find that fishing in the boat is alot more fun than sitting on the ice LOL. 
     Dutch, yes I do love me some VNP time each summer!!   The truck portage situation (just the dumping of all the water for my leeches) at Kettle Falls has me staying on the Namakan side for my trips next summer again.  Its just a really long drive from the Black Bay ramp down to the Sand Bay island area that I like to fish on the East end of Rainy.   Namakan was  really good to me last summer and hope it is again next year.
    Thanks guys, nice to find another spot to glean and share info!