Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: My First Bifocals  (Read 616 times)

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've had glasses since I was 8 and I need a pretty strong correction. Well yesterday I picked up my first pair of glasses with bifocals... yep, I feel really old today!

This is going to take some getting used to, but luckily it's a mild correction since I'm getting them early. The doctor said it's easier to adjust to them now when the difference is less.

I'm wearing a hat since it's Spirit Week at my office and today is Hat Day! 😅🎩😜

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin Good Sharon!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You still look young to me. New glasses look good. 
Why is it I only need glasses when there is not enough light? :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 08:24:07 AM by Rodwork »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
lookin good Sharon!!!!! :happy1: i need help reading. they gave me i think bifocals at one point........i could not get used to them.  :surrender: now as i get older i need glasses more and more to see up close.........far away no. the eye doc said just go to the dollar store and get the 150's....been good since.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :scratch: Oh, you still need A LOT of help, buddy. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 08:31:58 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those glasses look great on you, Sharon!  :happy1:

I'm nearsighted & been wearing glasses since about 4th grade. Was having trouble seeing the blackboard between the spitballs, paper airplanes & stink bombs going off. Along about 40-ish I started noticing issues switching between reading the paper & watching TV. Got graduated bifocals shortly afterwards. Solved that problem but created a bunch more. Trying to get my head cranked around to see things under the hood on the car took a nasty turn. Not only could I not see what I wanted, I was banging my head on stuff trying.  :doah: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :scratch: Oh, you still need A LOT of help, buddy. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

dotch...........awe no comment!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Welcome to getting old Sharon.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to getting old Sharon.
X2. But I have to take my glasses off to read up close. Only need glasses for distance. I started wearing glasses in the 7th grade. About my early 40s my eyes actually reversed and I didn't need glasses anymore. Then I got that goofy cataract and now I need glasses again. But I have one eye that is for distance and the left eye is for reading. No need for readers now. Makes it nice for tying fishing line.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've had glasses since grade school. I started having headaches & not being able to read the blackboard in ~ 4th grade. Probably been at least the last 10-15 years with bifocals.
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 10:43:50 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
       Looks great, Sharon. You'll get used to them. The hardest part will be finding out how to hold whatever you're reading or doing computer work.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks guys! It's an adjustment, but so far so good. Everyone at the eye doctor warned me about being careful on stairs and using hand railings... talk about making a gal feel old!  :rotflmao: :surrender:

Luckily I'm a germ-conscious person who very rarely uses hand railings, and as a result I have pretty good balance. Hopefully that continues to serve me well as I learn to use the bifocals. I find myself nodding a lot today to see the difference with how far things are away from my eyes and the font size.

I'm told I don't look as old as I am, so at least I've got that going for me!  :happy1: :happy1:

~ Sometimes you must create your own destiny, instead of simply living out your fate. ~

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The eye doc told my wife to always point her nose in the direction she was going when using stairs. That way you are not looking thru the bifocal. Ya, you look like you are in your 20s.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 Don't look a day over 60. :surrender: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered how young you were. 

Offline tangle tooth

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
      My eye doctor told me that glasses would help me see better but they couldn't help me look better. He said they weren't miracle glasses. Wonder what he meant?
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Sharon

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You guys are great! 🤣 I'm definitely not in my 20s anymore but glad I can still appear so! Monday was crazy hair day at the office for spirit week and I had my hair in curly pig tails.... I looked 12!! 😅🤣😅🤷‍♀️

Offline Bonus

• Outdoorsman
The different depth perception from the different areas of the lenses can make steps an adventure.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oooooweeeeee look at dat cowgirl! Yeeehaaaw!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe gawd boar! :pouty: :confused: :tut: don't be scaring her off like you did every other female that joined  MNO  :confused: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Yur jelous cause yu scared off Ramone!!
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He stays in touch with the nudists however... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
awe gawd boar! :pouty: :confused: :tut: don't be scaring her off like you did every other female that joined  MNO  :confused: :tut: :rotflmao:

Not to worry Glenn she tougher than this Boar character anyway. She can handle herself.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Not to worry Glenn she tougher than this Boar character anyway. She can handle herself.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yur jelous cause yu scared off Ramone!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :mooning: i'm neither jealous nor scared of anybody bucko!!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
 :scratch: i said you scared off ramone not that yu were...of hel never mind, like talking to a sheephead...
78.50"