Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A good fresh (non-smoked) Venison brat/sausage mix  (Read 1662 times)

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hi all, been a while since I last posted, but I've been checking in almost daily. Haven't had a lot of time for cooking new things or sausage making for a while, but the time is now upon me, with one deer's worth of ground venison in the freezer. Having the whole hunting party (4 of us) over next weekend for a meat makin' party. Due to time and smoker capacity restraints, not all things will be smoked. Looking for a good premix of some type of fresh sausage, plain brat, swiss brat, etc. I normally dont do a lot fresh so looking for some suggestions. Can be a homemade mix as well. Was looking at Curley's as I buy a lot of smoked mixes from them, anyone have any fresh favorites from there or anywhere else???

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ya could do fresh italian, or even better fresh breakfast sausage..  I always enjoyed that one..  just a couple thoughts.. 

rope sausage also..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike, one of the smoked sausages we're doing is my Spicy Smoked Maple Rope - which is my absolute favorite thing I've made - and good for breakfast (or anytime!).

Eyeing up this recipe I just found but would love any other specific recipe or mix recommendations:

https://www.realtree.com/timber-2-table-wild-game-recipes/philly-cheesesteak-venison-bratwurst-recipe

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey that sounds real good too!!  I'd eat that for sure!!  good luck!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Owens BBQ has a lot of variety of fresh brats seasonings.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
u love freash sausage, my fave to make. i just recieved a philly cheese stick kit whe i will add blue cheese and pinnapple chunks. amazing. and a baconcheeseburger kit also allnfrom owens
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"