Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2020 gardens......  (Read 92428 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Experience with growth regulators like what's in Weed-B-Gon seem to indicate it works best when daytime highs get into the upper 60's and 70's. Warmer is OK too except there's more opportunity for volatile off target movement. Round Up tends to be more forgiving depending on what you're going after with it. We've sprayed many fields for annual grasses when it's cold and it's worked fine. Tougher to kill broadleaves and some perennial grasses it may be better to wait until it's warmer. And some broadleaves like giant ragweed & most waterhemp have developed resistance.
kinda what I was thinking!!!!! :happy1: thanks.

i only use the roundup in the landscaping rock/ crushed granite around my house. after a while it gets old pulling weeds and when you dont get the roots they come back. works good on kwack grass too!!! I take a full bottle and dip the grass leaves id the bottle works pretty good.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No problem. Something else I just noticed in the yard here, some but not all of the dandelions took a whackin' from the frost. Their leaves are watersoaked almost like they've been sprayed with a cell membrane disruptor. Noticed a few yesterday morning like that & there were more this a.m. The dandelions aren't dead but they're not going to take up chemical very well either until they have some actively growing leaves. Weird frost. Nailed some of the dandelions but not a lot of visible frost on the grass. The dewpoint in the teens to low 20's might've had something to do with that.  :scratch: 
« Last Edit: May 05/09/20, 10:30:10 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
Glenn,
I sprayed 4 acres of former crp that was burned off and greened back up. And the infield at our ball diamond, both with round up. About a week ago now. It is working but definitely slower with the cooler weather.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn,
I sprayed 4 acres of former crp that was burned off and greened back up. And the infield at our ball diamond, both with round up. About a week ago now. It is working but definitely slower with the cooler weather.
got all my stuff mixed up and ready to go. I'm gonna go at it next week. I'd like to time it do no rain hits it for 24 hours.

Thanks.. :happy1: oh and my current Roundup kills everything.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We had some asparagus come up, but got hit with the cold snap and it bent over....will it be ok?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Did the tips  turn black. I am covering mine every night.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not black, but you can tell that they got cold. What do you cover them with...I got a patch around 8x8
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Stay away from anything plastic. Your wife gay any old blankets, old canvas, old bed sheets. It's what I use.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Stay away from anything plastic. Your wife gay any old blankets, old canvas, old bed sheets. It's what I use.
Pretty sure, your wife is gay... cause you ain't getting any....
BUT, I was asking KEN W.....dddddaaaa......

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure, your wife is gay... cause you ain't getting any....
BUT, I was asking KEN W.....dddddaaaa......
FINE!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: your wife HAVE! :confused: :rotflmao:

And how do you know  :scratch: :scratch: :censored:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Same as Glenn.....old blankets  or sleeping bags. Sheets are to thin. Leave them on until Wednesday.....won't hurt them.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Same as Glenn.....old blankets  or sleeping bags. Sheets are to thin. Leave them on until Wednesday.....won't hurt them.
my stuff is generally in a row, I use sheets as a last resort and if I need to use them I told them in half do it's layered.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
my stuff is generally in a row, I use sheets as a last resort and if I need to use them I told them in half do it's layered.
:scratch: You talk to tour sheets? :confused:  :doah:                                                               ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                                                                       
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You talk to tour sheets? :confused:  :doah:                                                               ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                                                                     
damn phone and auto correct............ :angry2: training-087 :banghead: i fold them in half!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well, looks like 1 more night of covering the plants then temps improve. there saying pretty good chance of rain wed, so plan is to get the rest of my plants in tuesday nite. then whenever i can all i have left are green beans, cukes and carrot seeds to get in the ground!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Time to fertilize the lawn before rain on Wednesday. Looks like nice temps coming on the weekend.

All these emoticons are a distraction. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Time to fertilize the lawn before rain on Wednesday. Looks like nice temps coming on the weekend.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea sometimes.........BUT as you can tell i am an avid believer in using them. to many times wether its a post or email, things can and have been taken in the wrong context, therefore an emoji lets the recipient know if hes is joking,serious, mad, or crazy!!!!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

yea sometimes.........BUT as you can tell i am an avid believer in using them. to many times wether its a post or email, things can and have been taken in the wrong context, therefore an emoji lets the recipient know if hes is joking,serious, mad, or crazy!!!!!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

and in your case all of the above!!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     mornin Glenn
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

and in your case all of the above!!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     mornin Glenn
:banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea so........... pretty frisky after a b-day weekend with Linda, aint ya!!!!! :evil: :scratch: :rotflmao:

morning Mike!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Beat me to it, mike! And with him it can be at the same time.  :pouty: The emoji's make it easier for those that have always had trouble with their spelling too.  :sleazy: ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: YA try and help a guy understand some things and ya get blasted............ :scratch: :censored: :doah:

i could take my ball and go home too!!!!!!!!!! :taz: :taz: :banghead:

NAW.........aint happening!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea we know!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got 18 green pepper plants and 23 mater plants in the ground tonight. Even cleaned some winter onions. :happy1: :happy1:

Green beans cukes and carrots left to plant. Spinach, lettuce, onions, kalarabi and radishes are peeking out of the ground. Only thing that isn't yet is my dill.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Gee, you must've skipped outta W O R K by noon yday to get all that done. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do you have a 5 acre garden Glenn?  AND what do you do with all of those maters?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Lots of salsa & the WF stewed maters that Reb was such a big fan of. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 05/13/20, 07:57:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
katchup!!!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Gee, you must've skipped outta W O R K by noon yday to get all that done. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: just plain hard work!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: