Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Smoking books  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Christmas the last 12 years ago means a lot of things to our family.  But when it comes down to presents its presents for the little ones but the dice game for the rest of us.  Everyone buys one present that costs a decent price but not to break anyone's budget like maybe under $70 or so and the rest kind of like as seen on tv or fun gifts.  Well we won most'ly booze but I did get this book which if I read books this is what it would look like.  Really like it.  My daughter asked me why I got this one on the second round since she said I already know all about this.  I told her that I don't know all about anything but want to learn new stuff all the time.  good luck.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good score RH,  it's like fishing rods you can never have enough.  I've used a few of his recipes on different cooks and I think he does a pretty good job. We also do the dice game, thanks for the idea might hafta remember this one.. :happy1:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Steven Reichlen is the best. Another good one is Carwash Mike for pork butts.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the way ya say it too!!  can never learn to much I'd say!!!  have to check that out!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Got the same book last Christmas.   :happy1: :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Always fun to look through new cooking/smoking books. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Can't beat a good book....especially if you learn a lifelong skill!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a whole bunch of BBQ ebooks.   happy to share.   

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not specifically about smoking (although there's more than a few smoked recipes in it) but "The Wild Chef" by the publishers of Filed & Stream is an excellent book.  NOT just a cookbook, it covers cleaning, prep and just like the magazine, it's full of great stories surrounding the harvest of the main ingredients.

I've had the "Meat Eater" cookbook on my list for the last few years but no one's came through on that one for me, yet.  I might have to get myself a present!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Never mind
« Last Edit: January 01/04/20, 08:19:29 AM by delcecchi »