Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge  (Read 30396 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is great TL!!!  good for you guys!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I eat yogurt every nite; just not the Greek. Don't care for it. Yoplait cherry, strawberry, raspberry, lime, raspberry cheescake, boston creme pie, vanilla, peach........ :tongue:
Hope it's the lite, regular is full of sugar

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I better check that out. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This stuff that I have been liking has more calories, 200 vs 90 in yours per serving and more cholesterol and sodium too.  No wonder it tastes so good. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
200 calories?! O wow, time for a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :shocked:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup looks like it.  Thanks you guys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Try the raspberry cheescake first.....O yum.....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great.  We don't have a big selection here but anything with cheesecake in it is good to me. I will look.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder how much sugar is in that light stuff?  Have to check it out.  I go low sodium and very low sugar.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 10 g sugar, way low sodium, RH. Not much.

(click to enlarge)
« Last Edit: February 02/05/20, 09:31:34 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's one thing I haven't talked about yet.  There was a fair amount of Greek yogurt in this 30 day thing.  I gotta tell you - if you hide in a smoothie with fruit, almond milk, etc. it's fine.  But using it as a base for dressing or a dipping sauce... it's awful.  At least that's my personal opinion.  It's like a thicker, almost gritty sour cream. Hard to describe the feeling on your tongue, but I'm not a fan at all. Luckily, besides the smoothies, there wasn't a ton of it.  There was one particular recipe where you made kind of a Tuna salad with it and ate it wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.  That might've been the darkest day of the last 30.  Disgusting. :puke:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, someone that agrees with me for once! Exactly how I feel, TL!    :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
We are on the Keto thing for awhile again.  Yesterday I made some ABT's [jalapenos with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon] with a bunless cheeseburger.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Leave it to RH to make me hungry 2 hours after bfast................ :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man RH.  I would love to live next to you just to help you with leftovers.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd be happy to live bewteen the both of ya just to get the scraps.   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Burgers in a toasted bun with a lot of stuff on top is a must for me but with the plan carbs are nearly gone.  I'm looking ant a biscuit mix with only 2 carbs per biscuit in a 3 pound box.  2  3 pound box's for $25.  Worth a try.  Then I think I can make a biscuit that looks like a but and I'm set.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fried food is bad for ya. Fries floating in hot grease.... :tut:

I had a can of V-8 and a pork sandwich on rye. With lettuce. Eat and run. Run and eat. Grab and go.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
RH - that's MY kind of health food!!!

One sorta good thing I found this weekend are "Kodiak Cakes."  They're a pre-made high-protein pancake mix and can be found in the same section where you find the rest of that stuff like Bisquick, etc.  All whole grain, which is better than processed white flour.  VERY tasty!  Most of those mixes are usually too moist or too dry, these hit the sweet spot.  If you're gonna have pancakes, these are the best for you, but still have carbs, plus the butter and sugar - so at the end of the day not the greatest, but better than I usually do!

Also like $5.50 for a box so not the cheapest option, but healthy foods seldom are.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
ok so all this so called clean eating stuff has me wanting to ask.

so since i need to watch carbs and white bread, potatoes and regular noodles are supposedly bad news.

has anyone tried these wheat noodles?? are they any good. i suspect they are a bit more spendy.

no friggin way i'm giving up taters and noodles. i will compromise however!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Jumped on the scale this a.m. just to see how I'm coming. Down 11 lbs. now, this after putting lasagna & some of my WF basketti thru the system. :happy1: Burning carbs like mad as after shearing a week ago the lambing barn activity has been ferocious. Hauled a couple lambs in this a.m. to the locker plant. I think the trick will be when the activity level slows down to know when to back off on the racing fuel and get back on the 87 octane.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Jumped on the scale this a.m. just to see how I'm coming. Down 11 lbs. now, this after putting lasagna & some of my WF basketti thru the system. :happy1: Burning carbs like mad as after shearing a week ago the lambing barn activity has been ferocious. Hauled a couple lambs in this a.m. to the locker plant. I think the trick will be when the activity level slows down to know when to back off on the racing fuel and get back on the 87 octane.
and maybe only one semi load of gin per week instead of 2.

Baby steps. :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Glen those wheat noodles have high carbs also plus I don't like the taste of them.  I googled low carb biscuts mix on Amazon and ordered me some biscuite mix in a 3 pound box that has 2 carbs per serving.  So if they work out then I will have my burger buns back plus you can make a pizza crust from this.  So now I'm looking for low carb pasta besides those crapaki noodles in the plastic bag.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Reiny......not what expected to hear! :doah: hmmm...........

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So now I'm looking for low carb pasta besides those crapaki noodles in the plastic bag.  Good luck.

Let us know if you find something good.  Wasn't a fan of mung bean noodles.  Zucchini "noodles" kinda work as a low carb substitute.  I found you had to press all of the water out of them with paper towels before cooking and then barely warm them half way in the pan and finish cooking them on the plate when you put hot spaghetti sauce on them - otherwise they turn to mush.

Good luck, indeed.