Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge  (Read 30407 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
"Wheaties in a can"  Quote, Fred Sanford 1970 somethingish.
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Best of luck on your diet TL.  :happy1: One good thing about it is you're both doing it. When I've tried doing stuff like that flying solo in the past it's been doomed to fail. I get no support. :sad: My G&T's are relatively low carb tho. Manufactured w/Jack Rudy's tonic syrup at 1/2 oz + 5 oz club soda they're 5 gms of carbs (think Coors Light) vs. 15 gms when made with 5 oz Canada Dry or Schweppes tonic water.     

Or you could buy sugar free tonic water.... Schweppes even makes one.   

Tried that way back. Ick and I mean ick. They taste like  :censored: And they don't have nearly the amount of quinine that the stuff I'm using does. No thanks, I'll cut carbs somewhere else.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Bunny pee. Beer's good for ya. Replaces a sandwich. The bubbles clean out all the nasty stuff too, and keep ya well-oiled.  :toast:

Basically one of the few choices if limiting carb intake is a goal.   I don't drink it myself but I don't drink very many beers in a week.  Got a buddy that enjoys, given that his alcohol consumption is very limited due to medical reasons, one of the NA beers from Trader Joes.    Again, not my thing but it works for him.     

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I went on a Keto diet awhile back with my wife.  It worked very well.  I lost 35 pounds within 3 months.  Stuck to it all the way with no cheating.  My wife lost weight but not as much as I did.  Kind of bummed her out watching me loose weight while she lost it at a less rapid rate.  Guess that's common with women vs males.  I gave her plenty of support and that's important.  Went from beers to cocktails and that made a big difference also.  After meeting our goals we cheated a bit.  Diet during the week but on weekends party time.  That worked out well also.  Didn't gain a pound doing that.  i know some people who stay on it 7 days a week even after meeting their goal.  Fine, but I want to enjoy some of the food I normally make.  Life is too short for Keto 7 days a week.  Good to loose weight for a number of reasons but it's more about your health that tops the list.  good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mich Ultra is good, but like the Mich golden lite the most.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
golden probably has more carbs...if that matters to the person drinking it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mich Ultra is good, but like the Mich golden lite the most.
me too!!!!!!!! and I built this body 12 oz at a time!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Tell Michelob that and that's the last of their beer you'll get.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks guys!
Been offline for a few days - in Duluth for a youth hockey tournament for my oldest son.  That was a BIG challenge for us, but we agreed we weren't going to go with the flow - and we did.  We did pack spinach salad and tried to make some healthy restaurant choices, but there were a few "cheats." We did gain back a little of what we lost in the cleanse but are still down.  We did not get home until late last night (we went to championship and took 2nd!) so we had no time to Grocery shop.  So we're in re-group mode this morning and will likely start the 3 week plan for the rest of the challenge tomorrow.  Appreciate all your kind comments and will keep everyone posted.  Will share any good recipes that come out of this on this thread.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hand pattied Turkey Burgers tonight (no buns, no cheese). Easy enough to figure out and REALLY good. But the cucumber salad stole the show! Really simple and fresh. This will be a reoccurring side for awhile, I think. Would be even better in summer!

CUCUMBER SALAD:
1 cucumber diced
1/2 cup green onions diced
1 medium sized tomato diced
2 TB lime juice
1/4 tsp Kosher salt

Just mix in a bowl and serve!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao:

That's, not being very supportive! Someday we may all need to eat seaweed and tofu............So.  :puke:   :pouty:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hand pattied Turkey Burgers tonight (no buns, no cheese). Easy enough to figure out and REALLY good. But the cucumber salad stole the show! Really simple and fresh. This will be a reoccurring side for awhile, I think. Would be even better in summer!

CUCUMBER SALAD:
1 cucumber diced
1/2 cup green onions diced
1 medium sized tomato diced
2 TB lime juice
1/4 tsp Kosher salt

Just mix in a bowl and serve!!
I made something similar to that this past summer. Your right it's really good. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: We have something similar quite often, minus the lime & kosher salt, but we put italian dressing on it.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can toss that salad with small bit of virgin olive oil and dill weed too.... :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You can toss that salad with small bit of virgin olive oil and dill weed too.... :tongue:

But it would still be full of cucumbers, one of the few things I rarely choose to eat.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, ya, ya.   :rolleyes:

Bet ya'd like this TL...just leave out the sugar. Don't know if ya can do the corn chip thing, though.....

Reb’s Minnesota Caviar

1 can black eyed peas, rinsed & drained
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
½ can (or small can) shoepeg corn, drained
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 large purple onion, chopped
1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1 10 oz can of Rotel Tomatoes with Chiles, drained

Combine all veggies in a large bowl, pour ½ to ¾ cup of light oil over veggies.
(Canola, Wesson, etc)

Vinegar mix:
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup of white vinegar
½ cup sugar, mix and heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool to room temp.

Add to vinegar mix:
½ tsp Chipotle chile powder
1 tsp salt ¾ tsp cumin
½ tsp cilantro
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp green tabasco sauce

Pour Vinegar mix over veggies, stir, and refrigerate at least 6-8 hours.

Serve with Tostitos scoops.
« Last Edit: January 01/15/20, 11:14:26 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looks like a winner, Reb!  Definitely in my wheelhouse.

Had a great Crock Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe for supper last night, I'll try to get around to posting the recipes when I get time, they're in a giant binder that contains not only all the recipes, but a bunch of nutritional info, etc.  So it's a lot to dig through.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's kind of a pain to make, but once ya start chowin', it's hard to stop...........also knowin' it's so healthy doesn't help, either!   *urp*

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Lunch time winner!  Turkey Pizza Meatballs. So much veggies in here and you wouldn't know it. Probably my favorite recipe so far. Just gonna post pics of recipes, too much to re-type.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks and sounds tasty!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Copied that recipe for the meatballs.  Thanks for the recipe.  There are zero sugar bbq sauces out there also.  Can't remember the name right now.  Have to looks for low carb marinara sauces also.  Reb your recipe sounds good also.  Have to try that one two.  good luck.

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah,
The Marinara sauce is organic, so it might be a little more expensive.  I find Aldi has great organic prices.  There's only a very small amount of natural sugar in it from the tomatoes and no added sugar.  I think it's some of the best canned sauce we've ever bought.

If we make these again, zootles will definitely be an addition.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah,
The Marinara sauce is organic, so it might be a little more expensive.  I find Aldi has great organic prices.  There's only a very small amount of natural sugar in it from the tomatoes and no added sugar.  I think it's some of the best canned sauce we've ever bought.

If we make these again, zootles will definitely be an addition.

Hey, don't forget to throw some weight loss lbs numbers out as time goes on. Good Luck!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey, don't forget to throw some weight loss lbs numbers out as time goes on. Good Luck!  :happy1:
[/quote]

Two weeks in - About 8lbs down so far :)  and that's with a little cheating when we had to travel over a weekend.  Otherwise, pretty much following to letter of the law.  Energy level is noticeably higher and I'm sleeping a LOT better than I used to.  I truly feel so much better, physically, than I did before I started this.  That all being said, I truly miss Carbs.  Potatoes in ANY form, Breads, Rice, Pasta....  I've never been a sweet tooth so the processed sugars aren't really an issue with me, but I've learned that even the "natural" carbs in the stuff I just listed are enough to make me daydream about food I can't eat on this plan.  OH... and BEER!!!  for the few drinks I've allowed myself, it's mostly been Tito's gluten free Vodka (which is really good vodka, actually) and club soda with lime juice and a lime wedge.  Fine, but it ain't beer and it ain't bourbon.

SO - My plan is to see this through - 2 weeks and hopefully a few more pounds to go.  By then we'll have gone through several more recipes (which most have been good to VERY good) to add to our normal rotation and just do a little bit better overall.  But believe me-you! There will be some indulgences when this is over, just a little less than before :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Two weeks in - About 8lbs down so far :)  and that's with a little cheating when we had to travel over a weekend.  Otherwise, pretty much following to letter of the law.  Energy level is noticeably higher and I'm sleeping a LOT better than I used to.  I truly feel so much better, physically, than I did before I started this.  That all being said, I truly miss Carbs.  Potatoes in ANY form, Breads, Rice, Pasta....  I've never been a sweet tooth so the processed sugars aren't really an issue with me, but I've learned that even the "natural" carbs in the stuff I just listed are enough to make me daydream about food I can't eat on this plan.  OH... and BEER!!!  for the few drinks I've allowed myself, it's mostly been Tito's gluten free Vodka (which is really good vodka, actually) and club soda with lime juice and a lime wedge.  Fine, but it ain't beer and it ain't bourbon.

SO - My plan is to see this through - 2 weeks and hopefully a few more pounds to go.  By then we'll have gone through several more recipes (which most have been good to VERY good) to add to our normal rotation and just do a little bit better overall.  But believe me-you! There will be some indulgences when this is over, just a little less than before :happy1:
[/quote] :happy1: :happy1: nice going...but after reading your stuff...........no thanks......i'll stay pleasantly plump!!!!!!! :happy1: good luck though!!!!!!!