Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge  (Read 30403 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Pleasantly plump? :crazy: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:  Better put the UN in front of that! :doofus: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Pleasantly plump? :crazy: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:  Better put the UN in front of that! :doofus: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: i'm a lean mean seks machine!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yesterday just flat-out SUCKED on this thing.  As I've stated before, most of the recipes have been pretty good but the Tomato, bean and quinoa soup and salad with homemade Italian dressing we made for lunch yesterday was a big fail - I ate them but it was very unsatisfying. The soup was blah-city and the dressing on the salad tasted awful - not the least bit Italian, either. Was hoping to make it all better with a good supper but the almond-breaded baked chicken tenders were also gross.  To top it off we made sweet potatoes fries in the air fryer.  I've tried 'em dozens of times, seasoned a bunch of different ways - I just don't like sweet potatoes.  I choked it all down, but I was honestly HANGRY, afterwards.  My wife and I both acknowledged the bad food day, but still pledged no-cheating!

Today's a new day - enjoyed my morning breakfast burrito, which I'm going to keep eating even when this is over - they're phenomenal, filling and healthy.  Now enjoying a great smoothie that has nasty stuff in it (Spinach and Greek yogurt) but you can't taste it for the Almond milk, vanilla, honey and strawberries - very good and I'm very full. 

We both agreed, though - when the challenge is over we're going to celebrate with a treat - Haven't had it in years but I drove past a Pizza Hut taking my oldest to hockey the other night.  Wife and I got talking about how we used to love Pan Pizza from the 'Hut, so that's going  to be our celebration meal. Probabaly wash it down with a couple of beers, too. 13 more days to go (not that I'm counting :rotflmao:), down 10lbs, an inch on my gut and my belt now goes to the next notch!  I soldier on!

Healthy Breakfast Burrito:
1 whole egg + 2 additional Egg Whites
1/4 cup Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
2 TB fresh salsa or pico de gallo (I buy the stuff in the produce section at the store)
2 TB shredded Cheddar Cheese made with 2% milk
Salt/pepper to taste
1 Whole wheat tortilla
Dash of hot sauce- optional

Scramble the eggs and when nearly done, add the beans, salsa, cheese and salt/pepper.  Cook for a minute longer or when the eggs are done to the consistency you like them and put it on the tortilla and enjoy!  I also add a little hot sauce once it's on the tortilla.  there will probably be some eggs left over, just eat 'em with a fork. REALLY GOOD!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great job, TL!   Keep it up!    :happy1:

I bet my bfast omelet would work for ya.....egg substitute poured in 9" pan and cooked, until wafer-thin...put in about 2 Tbsp chunked lean ham, Tbsp chopped fresh green pepper, and Tbsp 2% grated sharp cheddar. Fold over like regular omelet until cheese is melted.
Just had that for bfast today!  :tongue:
« Last Edit: January 01/22/20, 11:10:33 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Great job, TL!   Keep it up!    :happy1:

I bet my bfast omelet would work for ya.....egg substitute poured in 9" pan and cooked, until wafer-thin...put in about 2 Tbsp chunked lean ham, Tbsp chopped fresh green pepper, and Tbsp 2% grated sharp cheddar. Fold over like regular omelet until cheese is melted.
Just had that for bfast today!  :tongue:

Thanks Reb! Sounds great!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the keys to low fat eating is seasonings, seasonings, seasonings. If you need to lower your salt too Mrs, Dash has a bunch of salt-less seasonings.

If you put enough seasonings on a dog turd it would taste good, I think?  :scratch:    :rotflmao:   
« Last Edit: January 01/22/20, 05:12:39 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

One of the keys to low fat eating is seasonings, seasonings, seasonings. If you need to lower your salt too Mrs, Dash has a bunch of salt-less seasonings.

If you put enough seasonings on a dog turd it would tastes good, I think?  :scratch:    :rotflmao:   
Ummm, me take your word on that.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

If you put enough seasonings on a dog turd it would taste good, I think?  :scratch:    :rotflmao:   

Baked or pan-fried?  :scratch:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Baked or pan-fried?  :scratch:

Sous-vide of course!   :bonk: :bonk:    :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Back on track with the good stuff, tonight... thought I would miss the cheese with this one, but it was awesome without it. This will be a repeater.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya use cob corn??
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
did ya use cob corn??

Good question, no :)  used about a cup of frozen corn (or so).  Just estimated about how much would come off a cob.  Worked fine.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya use cob corn??

No. tree corn.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: Sorry, TL,  and Mikey, I just had to.
« Last Edit: January 01/23/20, 10:50:30 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Been a few days! And only a few days to go, seeing the light!!! Finally officially crossed the 10 lb threshold. Now down 11 lbs in 3.5 weeks. That's with no gym time, etc. I should get back in that groove and will before spring. Tonight was a real treat. This is a clean eating recipe, but you'd never know. A great Beef Pot Roast. The recipe doesn't specify roast type, but the pic looks like a round or rump. We went with Chuck, so a little fattier, but dammit we've earned it. I make a pretty mean Pot Roast but this might be my new go-to. REALLY good rub mix and lots of good veggies and potatoes (first time I've had any type of potatoes all month)

https://cleanfoodcrush.com/easy-slow-cooker-pot-roast-recipe/

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty hard to beat a good pot roast.  Especially a chucky.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Been a few days! And only a few days to go, seeing the light!!! Finally officially crossed the 10 lb threshold. Now down 11 lbs in 3.5 weeks. That's with no gym time, etc. I should get back in that groove and will before spring. Tonight was a real treat. This is a clean eating recipe, but you'd never know. A great Beef Pot Roast. The recipe doesn't specify roast type, but the pic looks like a round or rump. We went with Chuck, so a little fattier, but dammit we've earned it. I make a pretty mean Pot Roast but this might be my new go-to. REALLY good rub mix and lots of good veggies and potatoes (first time I've had any type of potatoes all month)

Looks Great!  Why are potato's bad.  Starch?   :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks Great!  Why are potato's bad.  Starch?   :scratch:
carbs. Same with bread, white in particular. First thing they tell you to knock off with blood sugar levels

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yeah, potatoes are not the worst thing for you, especially compared to processed sugars, but this 30 day challenge pretty much eliminates Carbs all together. this being the last week, I think they're starting to re-incorporate some "healthy carbs." Brown Rice and limited types of fruit were pretty much my only carb sources to his point.  I do miss a good piece of buttered bread - it's coming.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

But, But, I love the only 4 major food groups! Do you think I'm going to Die?  :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

But, But, I love the only 4 major food groups! Do you think I'm going to Die?  :pouty:

You made a mistake. There's 5 major food groups.  :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Amost certainly you are going to die.  Have you checked the statistics?

How soon is another question.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Amost certainly you are going to die.  Have you checked the statistics?

How soon is another question.
at least Leech would die plump, sassy and happy!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Actually what I had for lunch.
First time trying and not bad. Baked Cauliflower steak. 
Little butter, garlic salt, paprika, and parmesan cheese.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had my lean ham chunks, green peppers, m'rooms, and low-fat mozzarella cheese fake egg omelet for bfast. Snuck in a blueberry mini-muffin. Small glass of 1% milk.   :tongue:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Actually what I had for lunch.
First time trying and not bad. Baked Cauliflower steak. 
Little butter, garlic salt, paprika, and parmesan cheese.  :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: where's the hat??? pants on chair??????????????????????