Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MIKE IACONELLI GETS HEATED  (Read 1332 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
MIKE IACONELLI GETS HEATED WITH LOCAL FISHERMAN: 'YOU DON'T OWN THE WATER, BRO'

by Craig Raleigh

Veteran pro angler Mike Iaconelli had a heated argument with a local fisherman while fishing the Potomac River. Here's what happened.
In the annals of angling, the argument over territory is an old one. Whether you find yourself fishing too close to someone or vice-versa, odds are an exchange like this one will occur.

It seems Mike was trying to map the weed edge and wasn't even fishing at the time when he tried to skirt another man working the same cover.

The other guy wasn't happy about it. This is what happened:

https://youtu.be/-DB0joGi4-c

It appears that the other angler was sore because Iaoconelli had idled by trying to map the weed edge and stirred up the mud in areas the fisherman was working towards and still hadn't cast. Mike was immediately apologetic.

Iaconelli was adamant that he gave the guy a wide berth: 50-80 yards around him, but the other angler was still worked up about the whole thing.

"Ike" is well known for wearing his heart on his sleeve, and he was showing signs of it in the video. Anytime you have one angler who is already on a spot and another comes in, you'll have a dispute like this.

It's a tough situation when a veteran pro like Iaconelli, who only wanted to map the area, and a local angler, who only wanted to fish, meet in this way. In the man's defense, he didn't fly off the handle, and Ike apologized up and down.

What do you think? Was the local man right to be mad about another angler idling around his spot, or should he have just let it go?
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The local was completely right to be mad.  Give me some room and that 50 to 80 yards is BS I'm thinking.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I don't know about the big lakes up north, but it happens down here all the time on the river and small lakes. And I'm talking sometimes 30' away, close enough to snag lines! Can get pretty crowded down here on a nice day. Ya just let it go, with maybe a testy word, unless the guy parks right on top of ya, which wasn't the case there.
« Last Edit: January 01/09/20, 08:18:11 PM by Rebel SS »