Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Great day on the ice yesterday  (Read 2451 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Took advantage of the nicer weather and spent the day on a frozen lake.  No cars, wheelers or snowmobiles just old school walking.  Had a great multispecies day catching lots of northern, bass, crappie, and sunfish.  Hosed up and didn't get a picture of the nord for the ice contest but it was over 30". 

Lots of sunfish. 

Nice nord. One of probably 20 we caught.

They were literally jumping out of the holes.

Got about a half dozen of these.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: nice...your right i need to retire..................and put a tracker on your vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck of a day Deadeye!!!!  Nice quality fish!!  good luck.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I highly recommend retirement.  Hunt and fish whenever I get the urge.   :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
O  man!!! What a day!!!!  :happy1:  That looks like a Shappel house to me.... :scratch:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You know you had a great day on the lake when you return with no bait and half your equipment trashed.  Started out with 15 sucker minnows, about that many shiners and a bunch of fatheads.  Burned through all the suckers and shiners and started using the biggest fatheads.  I started with 6 working tip-ups and ended with three.  One ice rod hopelessly tangled in the process.  Very cold hands occasionally when there was no time between "flags" to warm them up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
You know you had a great day on the lake when you return with no bait and half your equipment trashed.  Started out with 15 sucker minnows, about that many shiners and a bunch of fatheads.  Burned through all the suckers and shiners and started using the biggest fatheads.  I started with 6 working tip-ups and ended with three.  One ice rod hopelessly tangled in the process.  Very cold hands occasionally when there was no time between "flags" to warm them up.

yea it sure sounds like it was a tough boring day there deadeye!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Where were yea?   :huh:

Is that the lake across from that other lake down the road where it y's off just past the farm?   :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Retiring as soon  as I can.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!