Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Old School Duck Hunt  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Delta Duckman

• Outdoorsman
Video is some of the shots over the weekend in southeast Louisiana.  Was not able to get a lot on video due to lack of shots and not getting cameras turned on in time because teal move really quick.  As I state in the video, we traveled to a new area to us trying something different.  Our main leased area that had been so good to us for many years has fizzled out and it was time for a change. 
The new area has had quite a few teal buzzing around that was nice to see.  Sunday there were some decent groups of big ducks around, but none came close enough for us to shoot.  The cover we had probably had a lot to do with that but then we were expecting teal which don’t require much cover.

In the new spot we can’t get to the ponds in a boat rather have to drag pirogue to put out decoys and pick up ducks which we will do if we can shoot ducks.  We shot 3 teal Saturday and 4 teal Sunday.

The duck season for 2019-2020 is over and for the first time ever I did not limit out on ducks any hunt this year.  Despite the lack of ducks, we always have a good time in the outdoors and enjoy the camp life.

Video Link - http://https://youtu.be/TaQXAbjSw80

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
great! thanx for sharing....makes me appreciate field hunting in my old age,fold out chair,heater...these days my dog makes the hunt plus he see's and has better hearing (for geese) at the end of the day I'm content just having the opprotunity of being afield and watching my best friend and if we scratch out a few birds great if not my day was still complete just being out there enjoying the moment.This includes hunting on our local golf course,waiting for the monkey women to show up (carl in caddy shack comes to ,mind)

« Last Edit: January 01/20/20, 11:58:54 AM by snow1 »

Offline Delta Duckman

• Outdoorsman
Glad you enjoyed the video.  Not our best year down here but that's the way it goes.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
your stuff is always good!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Delta Duckman

• Outdoorsman