Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NBA basketball  (Read 3555 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
crazy....just got word that Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash out in California.  personally didn't care for the guy but damn he was a hellofa basketball player. fun to watch.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
His 13 year old daughter too!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad as it is not much said about the other folks on the chopper,not a fan of the nba or kobe,when I here his name Ithink about the young 19 yr old girl he rapped in vail colo in 2003,thats what stands out not that he was a great bball player ...tragic loss for families involved.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wasn't a big fan of his either mainly because of the Colorado deal & about the only NBA I'll watch is playoff time. Did hear this mornin that the identity of a couple of the others had been confirmed but the network(ESPN) wasn't allowing it to be dicussed yet then. A lot of different agencies involved & getting them all on the same page may take some time. Still :sad: :cry:
« Last Edit: January 01/28/20, 08:12:52 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/27/20, 11:46:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some thing was said about a coach being on it too..  not sure what he coached...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was never a Kobe fan.

He was a great player on a team that was always better than ours.  Strike one.
He had a reputation as uncoachable (Phil Jackson) and being selfish (Shaq, others).  Strike two.
The sexual assault allegations in Colorado in 2003.  Strike three.

All that said, he was a complex, flawed human being.  And at what point do we allow that people can change and grow and when should we open our minds to that possibility. 

ESPN's RAMONA SHELBURNE did an extensive interview with Kobe in 2016 after his retirement.  She asked tough questions and he responded.  It is a long article, and I haven't read it all today.  It should be a pretty thorough source if you were interested in Kobe in his own words.

ESPN:  You'd think after the career Kobe has had, he'd just ride off into the sunset. But really, he's just getting started. Black Mamba may be out of the NBA, but not the spotlight

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thing that bothers me....its all about him............and hardly a word about the lives of the others. a woman in that crash was an assistant coach to that basketball team  :scratch: :scratch: what about her, the others...............

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's always the way it is everywhere. Someone with money dies, and they boo-hoo it  up and write 3 page articles about it. The Mayors wife died last year, and it was articles, pics, and interviews in the paper for a week. So, does that mean she's better than my Mom or aunt or relative that died? The way they do that crap with celebrity's makes me want to puke. Twain called death "The great leveler......making all things (sic) the same size".
Still, I don't believe it's right to speak ill of the dead or make a big spectacle out of it.
 In the end, we're all the same.
« Last Edit: January 01/27/20, 02:37:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know.  I think there was a fair amount of coverage of the other families affected.

First of all, ESPN this morning wouldn't talk about them our of respect until next of kin notification was confirmed.  And afterwards they shared kind words of acknowledgement and regret of the inexplicable tragedy and the unfortunate loss of life - especially of three middle school-aged children.  I don't know what else they or anyone else could have said - especially since the tragedy is still less than 48 hours old.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know? It's all hype. Was the public interviewed and put on TV and news coverage for days when your family members died? Just wondering. Pretty soon the nastiness will come out. Looks like it's already started.....   This might help ya.

https://youtu.be/YHimia_Fxzs
« Last Edit: January 01/27/20, 02:47:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know? It's all hype. Was the public interviewed and put on TV and news coverage for days when your family members died? Just wondering.
personally i wouldnt want the attention and go tell them to BITE ME!!!!!!! go away!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
No, I get your point Reb.  Way to much coverage on this one.

I have very little interest in the lives of celebrities, but apparently you and I are in the minority.  The problem is with the Media Beast and the Mob who consumes the content.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know a thing about Kobe or much about basketball.  Never watch the NBA or college for that mater.  Used to watch high school at times.  Don't even follow the Timberwolves.  I do care about the people involved in this accident.  Everyone's live matters in this crash.  Every family of those onboard are feeling devastated.  In one family 3 of their family member died in that crash.  Can't comprehend what they are going through.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Could have not said it any better RH.  I don't follow BB neither but have been listening about him on KFAN and SKOR in the fish house.  Quality guy.  Used helicopters for years so he could get places and not get stuck in traffic.  He said it gave him more time with his family instead of in traffic.  No showing off by using helicopters just a mode of transportation.  Great father too!!  Ya I feel for them all too!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Its also very sad our warriors fighting the fight for our freedom don't get near the coverage or acknowledgement that this guy is getting,our folks in the sand pit,they're families take a hit daily,have been for years,we owe our military great thanks yet the media turns its back,not worthy enough I guess yet this bball player's death is still front page news going on day 3,enough already.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
2nd that!!!!!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's International Remembrance Day for all the Jews killed at the concentration camps, and those that made it thru alive, 75 years.  Don't see any huge coverage of that in the paper here, (it was only six million Jews) BUT the local news is on day three of yammering about it, and  "Local sports figures" (Their words) are having a basketball game in remembrance of Kobe, and everyone is invited. Goodies and beverages will be served......it's just like Henly's Dirty Laundry song I posted.
Christ, they're acting like he was their best buddy or something!!! I should go down and kick 'em all in the ass. Bet that wouldn't be on the news for 3 days...... training-087
« Last Edit: January 01/28/20, 08:23:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
No, I get your point Reb.  Way to much coverage on this one.

I have very little interest in the lives of celebrities, but apparently you and I are in the minority.  The problem is with the Media Beast and the Mob who consumes the content.
We decided that the media was makin it out to be like the Pope died & turned it off. Still was hard to get away from as it was everywhere all day again. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure glad I got that big screen TV....now I can watch Trump garbage and Kobe hype in stunning HD.  :angry:  I never turned the set on last nite. Thank god for good music.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
 I here ya Reb thankgoodness for blue ray
Sure glad I got that big screen TV....now I can watch Trump garbage and Kobe hype in stunning HD.  :angry:  I never turned the set on last nite. Thank god for good music.
« Last Edit: January 01/28/20, 12:46:44 PM by snow1 »