Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cutting New Trails  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Smokey Hills Bandit

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
New trail blazing

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow, I can see some really tired arms and legs here.  Great start to the trail.  How long is the trail and what do you plan to use it for.  Did you cut the trees level with the ground.  Nice work.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
What model of saw are you using?  How big is your work force or is it just you?  Lots of work to start a trail and to also maintain it.  Way to go.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice job. We have done plenty of those. The same way.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I've made a few of those over the years, then mantaining them.  Nice work.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
we have 6 3/4 acres at the cabin, made a few trails to get from point A to point B but not very long. i maintain a bit of a clean trail where we deer hunt just enough to drive the wheeler in to retrieve all my deer i shootz!!!!!!!! :bambi: :bambi: :moose105: :moose105: :Hunter: :Hunter: :fudd: :fudd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My wife and I worked on this trial and its a challenge with the deep snow. Using a Stihl chain saw and will come back in the spring with a walk behind brush hog.

Looking to clear another 1 1/2 miles of trail, which would put us at about 3 miles total. Once we have them all cut, I would like to widen them up so you don't clip the ATV on anything.

Do any of you plant clover on your trails?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We haven't. I planted some around the new she'd that was built at the cat. I did notice deer droppings in there last fall.

One of the grouse trails where I deer hunted they cleaned up real good years ago they planted clover man was that nice. The guy that did it was an old warded. Now it looks like hell.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Looking good Smokey Hills Bandit! We made some new trails on our property the past two springs and plan on doing more over Memorial Day weekend. It's a lot of work, but I sure enjoy seeing the progress me make each time.

It was very wet this past spring, but we still accomplished a lot. We've also made a couple of clover food plots and throw seed down on the trails we make.
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 02:29:04 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice work Junkie. I rather work with the snow than that slop!