Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pillsbury State Forest  (Read 2077 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I recently moved to the Baxter/Brainerd area, and I'm looking for some new deer hunting spots.  We've hunted over by Emily for close to 30 years now, and it's got progressively worse over there.  The wolves are eating good though.

So does anyone hunt in Pillsbury State Forest?  We went for a a ride over there today.  Saw lots of tracks, and one deer crossing the trail we were on.  I'm just wondering how hard it gets hunted, being public, and close to Brainerd.  Will it be a zoo in there on opening weekend?

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Horrible during the regular season. Not a grouse left in the area.
Look in the south of Pillager on 1 on the west side of Ripley. Some deer in the hills in Cuyuna.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know many many moons ago a buddy and I used to chase tree rats up that way but never deer hunted the area. I do remember they had some nice trails!!!!!!!!! pretty nice country too!!!

cant help ya much with the deer though, sorry!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Nice woods but pretty picked over.
Best bet would be to get on the edges where Deer my sneak back and forth from private land.  ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!