Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2019  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
I am spending some time in Texas with my sister/family so this final report of the year is based on talking to other guides in the Pierre area. The bite on Sharpe around Pierre was much slower this fall and most of us guides feel that it was because of the big releases of water by the corps and also the amount of bait coming thru the tubes. That being said the good news is that lately the release is down and some of the guides are reporting limits and much better fishing with the slower current. Also very nice sizes. On Oahe the bite over all was a normal fall but with some great news about big fish. I have heard of more 10 pound fish being caught this fall than I have for a long time so next spring should show better results in that area. Also just tons of baitfish making for a healthy fishery. Maybe the huge releases of water have pulled some of these big fish downriver but no one seems sure. There are more in our area being caught though. I would like to take the time to THANK all my customers for coming this year especially those repeat customers that have come for years making my guide service a success. I am looking forward to fishing with you next year an anticipate a lot of good times and great fishing. This well be my last report until next year but will post the sports shows that I will be at so if you are around stop in and visit. If anyone has any questions over the winter months feel free to email me and I will try and be helpful. All of you have a happy Holiday season and A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!