Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lead Core Newbie  (Read 2287 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
This summer I am on a mission to learn trolling with lead core.  There is a ton of information online about this and some is conflicting.   What is everyone's preference?   Lead or copper ?   Tips on using would be great.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Personally I don't fish lead core. But with all this save the loon maybe lead isn't the best route. :scratch:

Don't get me wrong I am most certainly not against loons. Awesome bird
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I will use lead core up here in combo with down riggers. Sometimes the lead core will out preform the riggers. It does become an experiment to get them dialed in though. Good luck.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to use it on the St. Croix trolling crank baits a lot.  Haven't used it lately thought. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Personally I don't fish lead core. But with all this save the loon maybe lead isn't the best route. :scratch:

OMG that loon vs tackle debate.  I remember being a part of that with the tree huggers trying to ban lead tackle.   I like the loons a lot.  However, what they are using for studies makes a person wonder if they all don't work for Fox News.    :crazy:

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I used to use it on the St. Croix trolling crank baits a lot.  Haven't used it lately thought.

What weight did you for doing that?    What I am looking to do is pull cranks in deep water or be able to troll smaller cranks

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It was a long time ago Scenic.  It was heavy stuff though.  We trolled in as deep as 30' and always trolled going upstream of course whether in deep water using lead or in shallow water using mono.  Caught lots of fish too.  We could use 2 lines per person too.  That was great!  This pansy 1 line stuff irritates me.
« Last Edit: February 02/14/20, 11:13:20 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

OMG that loon vs tackle debate.  I remember being a part of that with the tree huggers trying to ban lead tackle.   I like the loons a lot.  However, what they are using for studies makes a person wonder if they all don't work for Fox News.    :crazy:
back in the day werent you in the middle of lots of troublemaking!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman

back in the day werent you in the middle of lots of troublemaking!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Shur nuff was    Politics is NOT my thing.     :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: