Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Invasive Carp  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Net them , clean them up,  fillet them up, and flash freeze.  Food for the homeless and the poor.  Never had these but Carp is a favorite in Europe.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 My FIL  and I used to smoke them in our home-made smoker. Descale, clean out, and hang the sides. They turn a nice bronze color.  Danged good with a cold beer.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 10:06:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Silver Lake Foods butcher counter here in town (My go-to Mom'n Pop) used to sell smoked carp in an in-store pkg that they wrapped, 2 whole de-headed sides of smoked carp for like $2. I remember those well. They carried 'em for years.
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 02:13:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I/ve had some very good smoked carp.....and some rally bad stuff. the bad stuff won out and i'll never touch it again. to many other good smoked fish out thereto eat that crap!!!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!