Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: pancakes or waffles  (Read 9868 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so just curious what does every one prefer, pan cakes or waffles??  or both??    thinking about buying a waffle maker..  thanks!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i have a cuisinart belgin waffle maker, the kjnd that flips over. love it!!. im a huge waffle fan ove pancales!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so just curious what does every one prefer, pan cakes or waffles??  or both??    thinking about buying a waffle maker..  thanks!!!
neither...…..save yourself the money!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Both. With butter and maple surple.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
No waffles for me, pancakes bout 3 times a year but french toast is another story.  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Neither...never been a fan of pancakes or waffles...we had a waffle maker and gave it away to the daughter...

too many carbs...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the thinking!!!  french toast I didn't think of..  get a low carb bread and go for it..  thanks guys!!  good info!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ever had a wafflecake? Crispy, yet soft like a pancake...

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Make French toast out of the apple fritter bread from Nelson brothers truckstop.
MAGNIFICENT!!!!
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the thinking!!!  french toast I didn't think of..  get a low carb bread and go for it..  thanks guys!!  good info!!

Not a pancake fan but like waffles. 

For French toast...sub Bailey's for the milk

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get a wafflecone and fill it fulla yogurt and fruit!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Make French toast out of the apple fritter bread from Nelson brothers truckstop.
MAGNIFICENT!!!!

this sounds great!!!  I go by there enough!!! 

and Scenic I like that idea too!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yummy! Might have to give the Bailey's/French toast a whirl sometime. Probably not for Lion's Club pancake feeds however. I lke all that stuff. I rarely get pancakes (wife doesn't care for them) but I'll order them if we go out to eat breakfast. French toast I make routinely and waffles are generally limited to Belgian waffle benefits. Have a waffle maker we got when we were married. Used it once. Such a PITA to clean up we never used it again. :embarrassed:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I like them all. Pancakes, waffles and french toast. Ever had waffles with peaches and whipped cream. Then put maple syrup over the top. Num Num!!! :hubba:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like thin pancakes not the real thick ones.  2 pancakes with an egg between them with a runny yolk.  My Dad showed me that one.  Of course lots of butter and syrup too.  Mrs. Butterworth's is pretty darn good. 

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
All this food talk and now I have to make French toast..... :bonk: :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All this food talk and now I have to make French toast..... :bonk: :bonk:
i ate healthy. raw califlower, radishes, carrots and celery. :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow! Some things that actually aren't on "the list"!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow! Some things that actually aren't on "the list"!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
And of course add some kind of chips to those pancakes or waffles.  Chocolate, scutterbotch or cherry are great.  Both work for me, depending on my mood that day....probably will have one of then this Wednesday for sure.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
As kids my mom would make the German thin pancakes for us.  We never used syrup just prinkled  sugar on  them.  When I made them for my kids I put Wilderness blueberry pie filling on them and roll them up.  They love it.  Now I can't remember how I made them.  Have to call my mom up I guess.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ive done the same but i just makenthe batter really runny. chockke cherry syrup is what i grew up on
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ive done the same but i just makenthe batter really runny. chockke cherry syrup is what i grew up on
oh my....glenn...no dont do it............... :confused: :confused: no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!! a screw it...................

kinda like the batter between your ears........a little runny!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :rolleyes: :oops1: :sorry: :sorry:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
MAGNIFICENT!!!!

ok on the way home from the doc appt. we stopped there for a late breakfast, had the apple fritter french toast... very tasty and they also have in strawberry, blueberry and one other!!!  very good served with wild rice links!!  a good meal!!

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We like both in our household, but definitely partial to the Pancakes!  Two smaller cakes make great buns for breakfast sammiches!  Like a McGriddle.  Alton Brown's Pancake mix recipe is my go-to.  I like it even better when you make the batter the day before and let it sit in the fridge overnight, makes for a thinner, chewier cake.

Here's a controversial statement that I'm a little ashamed to make.  I prefer the store-bought imitation maple syrup over real maple syrup.  I guess eating the fake stuff all my life ruined me.  We've tried several brands of real maple syrup and have even been gifted some homemade syrup (in one case - award winning) by at least a couple of different friends and I just can't eat it.  I only use it in Sausage-making.

Let the ridicule begin! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey thunderlund, to each our own!!!  I too grew up with store bought stuff, but I also was given the real thing, I love it!! but to each our own my friend!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I made real maple syrup with my ex-FIL....what a lot of work! Boil down a washtub of it on the wood stove on the garage all day long to get a few jars...after tramping thru the woods every am to collect the buckets.
I liked Mrs Butterworth's better, so don't feel bad.  :azn:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There are some maple syrupers around here and it's variable stuff. A lot of it pretty thin, light colored and the flavor isn't up to par. They tap anything & everything from boxelders and silver maples up to the real sugar maples. The one guy had it down pretty well flavor-wise as well as color and consistency-wise. He wanted to drag me into it but I balked. Then he died. :sad: Like most of you guys, the store bought Log Cabin's, Aunt Jemima's & Mrs. Butterworths work fine for me. Good on ice cream too!  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
There are some maple syrupers around here and it's variable stuff. A lot of it pretty thin, light colored and the flavor isn't up to par. They tap anything & everything from boxelders and silver maples up to the real sugar maples. The one guy had it down pretty well flavor-wise as well as color and consistency-wise. He wanted to drag me into it but I balked. Then he died. :sad: Like most of you guys, the store bought Log Cabin's, Aunt Jemima's & Mrs. Butterworths work fine for me. Good on ice cream too!  :happy1:

and I agree with that all the way, all I'm saying, as you said if ya get a good pure maple syrup it's awesome!! but there are darn good store bought too!