Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503392 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So what's your take guyz? 34 countries infected,1000's have died with no cure,some say its a conspirency to dump trump(china) as said virus is proven lab born not animal,last night the CDC is laying ground work telling folks here we're gonna get hit hard as well as we keep letting traveler's from infected area's in to our country  the DOW  took a hit two days now big time,demorats are blaming trump already and to make things worse "chelsy clinton" is heading up a healthcare team,wtf is that about?    clinton/soro's....hmmmm
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 02:21:47 PM by snow1 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Who know's how this is going to all play out.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I think most likely it crossed over from animals to people, like SARS and MERS to which it is related.   It is possible it escaped from a facility where it was being studied because of its relationship to those other diseases.   

It seems to be pretty contagious.  Not Measles contagious or NoroVirus contagious but flu or cold contagious.   

What percent of the people who catch it will wind up with serious complications or dead remains to be seen.   

It's been a while since random "travelers" from infected areas have been allowed in to roam freely.     

Democrats are going to blame Trump for everything they possibly can.   If this ends up serious they will say he didn't do enough to stop it.    It it doesnt, they will criticize him for over reacting. It's politics.   

AS for Chelsea Clinton, haven't heard that although I am sure she is on the foundation payroll in some sort of highly paid, make work position.  It could be the health initiative.   

Will it infect half the population (5 billion cases) and kill 10s of millions, like some experts say it could?   Will it fizzle out?    Will it turn into a chronic problem like Flu?    Will modern technology come up with a vaccine relatively soon?   

Tune in next time for the next chapter of this exciting story...  And that's my take.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like some conspiracy theorists are hard at work to make the weak minded panic.
I got a sneaky suspicion that the D's and the media will get the blame tonight for the stock market adjustment.
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 03:26:04 PM by roony »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with Del's post.  I heard today that a vaccine could be available by July.  That's really on a fast track for vaccine's.  This of course needs money and it will be provided.  Now the stuffed shirts in DC are arguing about how much.  Nobody knows how much they just want to throw out a big figure.  Trump says for the first phase 2 billion.  Even the people who are going to provide a vaccine say's they need 150 million for the first phase and Trump is giving them 1 billion for the vaccine at this point because more will be needed.  I think the administration did a good job on day one by stopping flights from certain countries.  This is why at this time we are not experiencing what other country's are.  Should we be concerned , of course.  Some doctors have said by April this virus will slowly go away due to the nature of this virus and others that are similar.  I'm not in a panic mode like some folks are.  The media makes it worse by speculating rather than waiting for facts to appear and then report facts instead of speculation.  In the end this will pass and the stock market will fly back up.  Cheaper stocks with eager buyers with the money.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup the media jackals will do or say anything to get attention.  No way am I going overseas.  I heard today some talk about the seasons having an influence on this new virus too??  So maybe it will just wear out.  I feel safe here in rural MN.  Knock on wood!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup the media jackals will do or say anything to get attention.  No way am I going overseas.  I heard today some talk about the seasons having an influence on this new virus too??  So maybe it will just wear out.  I feel safe here in rural MN.  Knock on wood!!

Typically virus things like the flu  fade away in spring and summer.   They don't know about this one but they are hoping.   

As for the vaccine, they might have some to test by July.   First animals, then human safety, then effectiveness, then mass production.   Shortest time I have heard is well over a year total.    And that is really fast as this stuff goes.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you taking more precautions being on the west coast del or is it just another day ?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The problem with this virus, is that it can live up to 9 days on a surface ...compared to the flu of 3 days on a surface.

so, wash yur hands and watch what you touch!  :puke:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will do and I do.  AND do not touch a flat surface such as a table in a cafe and then touch your face.. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you taking more precautions being on the west coast del or is it just another day ?

Maybe wash my hands a little more often but other than that business as usual.  not seeing masks or anything around.   Nearest cases are at some base up by LA.    Feds want to put a bunch of people in quarantine at a run down place in Costa Mesa.   which is still like 70 miles from us.   If I worried about that stuff I would worry about UCSD which is like 30% Asian students. 

Plane ride home probably most dangerous part...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Typically virus things like the flu  fade away in spring and summer.   They don't know about this one but they are hoping.   

As for the vaccine, they might have some to test by July.   First animals, then human safety, then effectiveness, then mass production.   Shortest time I have heard is well over a year total.    And that is really fast as this stuff goes.

I have to agree with Del as this is what my brother did for a good share( 10+ years)  of his life, blend vaccines but for companion animals. He sayin that even if they had a possible vaccine right now it would take 2 months of QA testing & then another 2 months of sterility testing before they would be even close to passing government standards for release. He's of the belief that the change of seasons could be of help with this as well. I agree with RH & LPS about the media too.  :bonk:  :banghead:
« Last Edit: February 02/27/20, 01:24:20 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like there is a candidate vaccine that they are working on getting ready to start testing for safety and then on through a process. 

There are two drugs that are thought to possibly be effective.   One was developed to treat Ebola and the other is a two drug combo used for HIV.  I think both have begun testing already, probably in China where most of the sick people are.   

Take a bunch of people who are sick, give some of them the antiviral and some a fake.   See if it makes any difference in what happens to them.   Make sure nobody knows who got which until after they are done being sick.

If one of the two drugs works then the trick will be to make like millions of doses fairly quickly. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I've decided to live in my wheelhouse until this deal passes,BUT just incase I'll be well armed so the walking dead will be more dead....batteries included. :smoking:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think it was Barry who mentioned feeling relatively safe here in rural MN and I'd tend to echo that sentiment at least for now. So far the virus hasn't demonstrated to the best of my knowledge that the transmission is windblown. I'd also echo the notion that things like frequent handwashing, keeping your hands off your face, out of your eyes, ears & nose are good ideas, along with staying away from sick people and staying away from healthy people if you're sick. All should help slow the spread of many viral respiratory diseases. I've been on an almost fanatical handwashing regime for the past couple winters. It certainly hasn't hurt other than my hands are chapped. I go in FF, the grocery store, the feed store or wherever to shop, I wear my gloves. I purposely try to avoid shaking hands. I wash my hands immediately upon my return home and I mean wash them, (lather while singing Happy Birthday 2x+) just as I would before doing any veterinary OB procedures. The summer months tend to get people outside in the fresh air and away from each other more so that usually isn't a bad thing either. Will it work with Covid-19? Guessing we're gonna find out.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/26/coronavirus-vaccines-are-far-off-fda-official-says-but-drugs-to-treat-patients-could-come-sooner/

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/02/covid-vaccine/607000/

« Last Edit: February 02/27/20, 03:07:15 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And they say if you are a hand shaker to just do the fist bump instead of a full blown hand shake.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so your saying I cant pick my nose anymore! :pouty: :scratch: :doah: whats this world coming too!!!!!!! :doofus: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You just keep picking your arse, you'll be fine!!   :mooning: We are planning a road trip to the Pacific northwest this late summer but will just hafta sit back and see what happens.  What's nice bout driving there is no reservations anywhere so if we back out no big deal.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
so your saying I cant pick my nose anymore! :pouty: :scratch: :doah: whats this world coming too!!!!!!! :doofus: :crazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to see Trump get rid of everyone's market jitters anyway!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe all that "lean" and JIT manufacturing stuff wasn't such a good idea after all.    I guess we will see how things work out.   

For those of you who didn't get into the market, this incident represents an opportunity sometime in the near future.   Just don't wait until it becomes clear the world isn't ending.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Del.  I think I am going to sell the farm and invest it all.  AND I was thinking, which is sometimes dangerous but I do live on the International Border.  SO I have to trust the Canadians to do their job screening dumbasses that were in China so they don't get to our border.  AND 1 more thing.  I wonder if my malaria meds will save me from Corona Virus.  I put a lime in it like some do with a Corona.   :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Del.  I think I am going to sell the farm and invest it all.  AND I was thinking, which is sometimes dangerous but I do live on the International Border.  SO I have to trust the Canadians to do their job screening dumbasses that were in China so they don't get to our border.  AND 1 more thing.  I wonder if my malaria meds will save me from Corona Virus.  I put a lime in it like some do with a Corona.   :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Would that be the stuff that you mix with gin?  Like Dotch?   

Probably not too many refugees will be coming across LOW and up the river...   especially if the ice starts getting bad now.   

I did hear that Starbucks had re opened most of their stores in China so that's a good sign.     :happy1: :rolleyes:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's quinine Del.  Kind of a miracle thing actually. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed with Dotch ,semi quaintining myself,idiots at my office are passing snot around,so keeping away from work,wear cloves most often as well,use clorox wipes everyday,keyboard,phone t.v. channel changer etc.just me and the pup holding the fort down,so far so good.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing to worry about with the coronavirus, it's just the common cold according to Rush.

"It looks like the coronavirus is being weaponized as yet another element to bring down Donald Trump," Limbaugh said Feb. 24 on his radio show. "Now, I want to tell you the truth about the coronavirus … I’m dead right on this. The coronavirus is the common cold, folks."
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/feb/27/rush-limbaugh/fact-checking-rush-limbaughs-misleading-claim-new-/

I'm sure a segment of our population eats this shat right up.
Equally sure some of them frequently post here.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
And some still blame it on this...