Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Behemoth crappie caught  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :reporter; Behemoth 19" crappie caught in MN!!! :doah:

:coffee: ......
Absolutely one of the biggest slabs I've ever seen/heard of being plucked through the ice! Stacy Ferrell Hedberg caught the 19 1/8" [!!] freakazoid in southern MN -- had it weighed at a local bait shop to the tune of 3-lb 15-oz! Fasten your seatbelts:

Huge congrats on the fish of a lifetime, Stacy!

Btw the current MN state-record crappie is one that'll likely never (ever!!) be broken.... A 5-lber (21") caught from the Vermillion River back in 1940. :happy1:

I've never been able to find a picture of it and some think "it's possible the fish was poorly identified and actually was a hybrid between a black and white crappie." Guess we'll never know....  :scratch:

Can't even imagine. That fish could go on the Keto diet...lose 2 lbs...and still be considered obese. :fish2:

Huge congrats on the fish of a lifetime, Stacy! :bow:

Btw the current MN state-record crappie is one that'll likely never (ever!!) be broken.... A 5-lber (21") caught from the Vermillion River back in 1940. :confused:

I've never been able to find a picture of it and some think "it's possible the fish was poorly identified and actually was a hybrid between a black and white crappie." Guess we'll never know.... :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 07:05:32 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy sheep crapz thats a dandy alright,I've seen 17-18"ers out of URL back in the hay dayz,early 2000 era but never stuck one,my PB is 16.8 back then,here is the 16.8 and a 16.2  nothin like that dozer this gal caught tho.

« Last Edit: February 02/27/20, 08:26:42 AM by snow1 »