Minnesota Outdoorsman - Minnesota Fishing and Hunting Reports

Recent

Author Topic: Behemoth crappie caught  (Read 158 times)

Online Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
  • Liked: 506
  • Likes Given: 195
Behemoth crappie caught
« on: February 26, 2020, 07:04:27 PM »
 :reporter; Behemoth 19" crappie caught in MN!!! :doah:

:coffee: ......
Absolutely one of the biggest slabs I've ever seen/heard of being plucked through the ice! Stacy Ferrell Hedberg caught the 19 1/8" [!!] freakazoid in southern MN -- had it weighed at a local bait shop to the tune of 3-lb 15-oz! Fasten your seatbelts:

Huge congrats on the fish of a lifetime, Stacy!

Btw the current MN state-record crappie is one that'll likely never (ever!!) be broken.... A 5-lber (21") caught from the Vermillion River back in 1940. :happy1:

I've never been able to find a picture of it and some think "it's possible the fish was poorly identified and actually was a hybrid between a black and white crappie." Guess we'll never know....  :scratch:

Can't even imagine. That fish could go on the Keto diet...lose 2 lbs...and still be considered obese. :fish2:

Huge congrats on the fish of a lifetime, Stacy! :bow:

Btw the current MN state-record crappie is one that'll likely never (ever!!) be broken.... A 5-lber (21") caught from the Vermillion River back in 1940. :confused:

I've never been able to find a picture of it and some think "it's possible the fish was poorly identified and actually was a hybrid between a black and white crappie." Guess we'll never know.... :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 07:05:28 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 173
  • Likes Given: 109
Re: Behemoth crappie caught
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »
Holy sheep crapz thats a dandy alright,I've seen 17-18"ers out of URL back in the hay dayz,early 2000 era but never stuck one,my PB is 16.8 back then,here is the 16.8 and a 16.2  nothin like that dozer this gal caught tho.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:26:38 AM by snow1 »