Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: That time of year again!  (Read 2281 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I was reminded by a friend, it's that time of year again to clean out your wood duck house's and put fresh bedding in.... the 🦆 will thank you!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Do they ever add stuff to it, or just expect a "fully furnished" duck condo?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Do they ever add stuff to it, or just expect a "fully furnished" duck condo?

They never clean it out, and the mice and squirrels move in after the 🦆 have gone. So the mess needs to be cleaned up and refreshed before the ducks return in the spring.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You get much success HD? Ours are in trees and wrapped but still some houses have eggs but get abandoned.. Not sure if somehow the coons are scaring them off or its us being around most of the spring making a bunch of noise.  :confused:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You get much success HD? Ours are in trees and wrapped but still some houses have eggs but get abandoned.. Not sure if somehow the coons are scaring them off or its us being around most of the spring making a bunch of noise.  :confused:

I'd say around 50% I got 6 houses up and usually 3 get used. They aren't the same 3 every year, but they get used. I'm thinking of expanding to more houses, and put more of them on my islands to help keep the coons out of the houses.  :scratch: