Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnesota Moose population  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
But, but, but climate change!!!!  :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

"Low reproductive success and continued deaths from brainworm and other diseases make it difficult for the population to recover."  Bla, bla ,bla!  :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  FYI, watch the link Reb posted guys! I had some weird stuff goin here on when I clicked on it but just closed everything as quick as I could & everything still seems OK. :tut: :crazy: :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are sure afraid to use the word "wolf" aren't they?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They are sure afraid to use the word "wolf" aren't they?

Yes they are. "Low reproductive success" makes it sound like the bull moose disccovered how to use condoms.  :rolleyes: The fact that the moose numbers are stable might indicate that farmers are becoming better shots when it comes to protecting their livestock from wolves.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with LPS.  Didn't even mention wolves.  I also have read that the moose with all the snow we have had in the Arrowhead region, can walk around more because of their long legs.  While the deer have more of a problem.  The deer solve some of this by herding up more this time of the year.  Creating more trails and pounding some of that snow down with numbers.  But it's amazing that the DNR do not mention wolves at all.  Must be afraid of the city liberal tree huggers.  good luck.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I agree with LPS too, because he mentioned Wolf.  Leech only showed pictures!   :tut:

:rolleyes: :moose105:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I agree with LPS too, because he mentioned Wolf.  Leech only showed pictures!   :tut:

:rolleyes: :moose105:   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Deer, Bear, Wolf... Sounds like one of those picture books. 

But they are all contributors to Moose decline.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Maybe the moose just isn't meant to be a hugely populous thriving animal.... :moose105:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe the moose just isn't meant to be a hugely populous thriving animal.... :moose105:

At least not in areas that people have made favorable for whitetail deer... And wolves are protected.   Maybe we could get Moose designated as endangered in Minnesota, then wolves could be killed to protect them :angel: :smiley:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Isle Royal has a high population of moose.  They are trying to introduce more wolves there to control them.  Send some from Minnesota.  good luck.